17

"Absolutely," Isa muttered with a smile. "Anything to help me remember."

Once the two were gone, my mother excused herself — stating she had to speak with Hunter — which left Cassandra and me alone. "Should we go with them?"

"No, lovebug," I hummed, nuzzling into her neck. "I should get to work, actually."

"Or-!"

"Cass! You can't stop me from working every day!"

Cassandra moved me back enough to steal a kiss, a grin on her face. "Yes, I can!"

"I'll tell your mother."

"You're so cruel to your girlfriend."

"Only because I love you."

"Then at least give me a kiss before you get to work? I won't have time with you until tonight."

"You'll get me on breaks," I giggled and pecked her lips. "Stop being a big baby."

"Now I don't want to," She huffed as she held me tight. "Why do you do this to me?"

"...Do what?"

"Make me feel like I need to be around you," She muttered, resting her forehead on mine. "It's not bad, so I don't want you taking it that way, I just don't know why."

"Because you're lacking heat and I have a lot of it?" I joked before pulling her in for a real kiss. "I'm not sure, but I love when you're around too. I just... Still, have to do my job."

"...Can I help?"

"Maybe tomorrow, my love. I have a feeling today's going to be stressful, and you're one being I don't want to see around that."

"Okay, that's fair... Can we make out for a bit at least?"

I laughed and lightly smacked her arm before pulling her in for a quick kiss, quietly squealing when she picked me up. 'This woman, I swear,' Cassandra deepened the kiss as she sat down, holding me in her lap. 'But, who am I to deny her kisses? Especially when I want them too.'

When her hands began to roam, however, I stopped them and broke the kiss, giggling at her pout. After promising that we'd continue later, I pecked her lips and moved off of her lap, making my way out of the room. 'Now that everything else is sorted, I can focus on the maids and making sure they don't mess up while my mother is here.'

"She was so gorgeous," A maid sighed, causing me to slow down. "I have to see her again before she leaves — maybe ask for her number..."

"You said she showed up because she wanted to talk about some maids — maybe she's here to buy some of us off of the lady? Maybe we'll finally get out of here without those freaks hunting us down. At least if we managed to escape before, we only had to worry about the lycans... Now, we can't even make it five feet from the door."

"She seems so nice too," the first maid swooned. "I wonder if-."

When I entered the kitchen, the maid stopped speaking and gasped, her face paling.

"H-hey [Y/N]... How mu-much of that did y-you hear?"

"...That woman you spoke of... That's my mother," I muttered with a grin, watching their eyes fill with fear. "And those 'freaks' you all mentioned... My family."

The castle shook before darkness engulfed the kitchen, a low growl rising in my throat. I took two steps until a hand on my shoulder stopped me, making me glance back at Cassandra. 'Of course, she followed me.' I took a deep breath and watched the darkness dissipate, letting Cassandra yell at and threaten the maids.

'I've rarely used my powers while working here... I guess I should let mother know,' I told myself, blocking out everything Cass was saying. 'She'll want to know — something about monitoring my powers... I should ask her to elaborate on that now that I'm older.' When Cassandra cupped my cheeks, I blinked rapidly and sent her a smile.

"You can get back to work now," She said softly, letting her hands drop. "Are you okay?"

"...Yeah," I breathed and kissed her cheek. "Just... got a little protective."

"A little? You shook the castle."

"Yeah, a little. I could destroy it if I got upset enough."

"...How?"

"Split the earth below it and send it and everyone inside straight to Tartarus."

Cassandra opened her mouth to respond before kissing my cheek and walking off, making me giggle. 'You chose to date me.'

Dinner

"Why is your mother still here?" Hunter asked Isa and me, making us look up from the cake we were decorating — a request of Lady Dimitrescu's.

"...She's a goddess and our mother, do you expect us to ask her to leave?"

"No, but she's telling stories-."

Isa was the first to rush out — myself following quickly behind. When we reached the dining hall, the laughter died down and our mother turned her head to face us, sending us a smile. "Hello, dears! I was just telling them about when Isa visited Olympus-."

"MOTHER!?" Isa yelped, their veins beginning to glow from embarrassment.

"No, wait, I wanna hear this," I muttered with a grin, pinching their cheek. "What's so embarrassing that you don't want to hear again?"

"How they reacted to hearing that they'd be coming here."

POV: Persephone

Year: ????

"Isa, when we go to Olympus, I need you to behave."

"I always behave."

"Look, you're going to be meeting Zeus, and knowing your father's kids, I know you'll talk back."

"....Fair."

"So, behave. After this, you get to go.... Do you remember the castle that would show up in your dreams?"

"How could I forget it? It's like I spent my entire life there once."

'You have no idea,' I smiled and nodded at them. "Well, you'll be going there with Hunter!"

"It's real?! Is-?!"

"There you are!" Hera cut them off, stopping in front of us. "What are you so excited about? Your tail is never this active."

POV: First-Person

Present

"Awe," I giggled and pinched their cheek. "So all they remembered from their past when you met them was the castle?"

"Yeah," Isa muttered, rubbing their cheek. "Don't do that..."

"Don't tell me what to do — I'm the older sibling now."

"I USED TO BE THE OLDER SIBLING?!"