36

"Mother?" Cassandra yawned as her arms stretched. "Do we have any coloring books? I want to color with [Y/N]."

Lady Dimitrescu chuckled but nodded. "I'll get some for you."

"Thank you," Cassandra purred with a bright smile. "Hey, Adina, what were your first thoughts when you met my Mother?"

Adina's cheeks turned red as the Lady stood to search for a coloring book after placing Costin on Isa. "Yo-you want to know?"

"...Yeah. You spend a lot of time with her, almost as much as Isa does, and Isa helps write songs for her."

"A-alright," Adina murmured. "Well, I already knew of your Mother, so when Mother Miranda asked if I wanted to work for her, I agreed. When I saw her, however, I was speechless. I had never seen someone so tall and gorgeous before — it was like my brain stopped momentarily."

I shared a look with everyone before turning my attention to Adina. "Really? Are there other times that's happened?"

"There are."

"Care to tell us a few?" Hunter inquired with a smirk.

"...You want stories?"

"Sure," Bela grinned as she settled in Hunter's lap and buried her face in the witch's neck.

"O-okay. It happened a lot, so there's a lot of stories I can choose from."

"We're all ears," Daniela giggled.

Adina POV

Year: 2015

I hummed and pushed the tea cart through the hall, making my way to the Lady's bedroom. 'Her call with Mother Miranda should end soon, and [Y/N]'s started on lunch. I just need to ensure I don't upset any of the triplets, and I'll be good!' Once at the door, I stopped and waited — the muffled voice on the other side bidding farewell to whom they were speaking. After the voice didn't speak for a few seconds, I knocked on the door and waited for the Lady to acknowledge I was there.

"Enter."

I opened the door and pushed the cart inside, walking toward the Lady's vanity. "Today's tea is Belgian Mint."

"And the sweets?" The Lady hummed as she combed her hair.

"Chocolate, my Lady. Blood-filled, I believe."

"You didn't make them today?"

'Does she like when I make them?' My heart skipped a beat at the thought before I shook my head. "Not today, my Lady. I started late, remember? I wasn't feeling well when I woke up."

The Lady's jaw clenched and unclenched in the blink of an eye before her soft tone reached me. "...That's right. How are you feeling? Any better?"

"I-I'm all right, my Lady," I giggled while pouring her cup of tea. "I'll be eating soup for lunch, however — [Y/N]'s orders."

"Better to be safe than sorry. I agree with her decision."

"I figured you would, my Lady."

"Oh? And why is that?"

I took a deep breath after setting her cup on her vanity. "...I know about your previous chambermaid — Isa. They were still very young and half god but still died, so I understand why you'd be worried about a human falling ill."