10

tw: talk about an arranged marriage (to a man, no less 😔)

"...We should discuss this after giving breakfast to the ladies."

'Weird... I wonder how serious it is...' I hid my frown as we entered the dining hall, setting everything in front of the ladies. 'I didn't sense any danger, so what could Hunter have to discuss with me? Did she get a message from the gods and not want to say anything in front of Isa? If so, why?'

Once we were dismissed — the lady wishing to eat alone with her daughters — Hunter pulled me into a room, a frown on her face as she shut the door behind us. She took out a folded piece of paper before handing it to me, a sigh slipping passed her lips. "You're not going to like that."

"What is it?" I frowned and unfolded the paper, my eyes widening at the paper. "AN ARRANGED—?!"

Hunter's hand quickly covered my mouth, her eyes wide as she glanced at the door to make sure no one tried to enter. "Keep. It. Down. Do you want them to find out?!"

I shoved her hand away and flailed the certificate. "I just found out my uncle arranged a marriage for me! How else am I supposed to react?!"

"Just don't alert the ladies! Don't let lady Cassandra know until I can get this information to your father so he can fix this."

I took a few deep breaths and glared at the certificate. "He didn't even have the decency to arrange it with a woman."

"Yeah, probably should've warned you about that. Seems he wants bloodlines to continue, and since yours is the most unique out of the gods..."

"...Do we have methods to kill gods?"

"I'm pretty sure you of all beings would know that," Hunter deadpanned and placed her hands on her hips. "I didn't say anything in front of Isa because I knew this would anger them enough to challenge your uncle."

A thought crossed my mind before I remembered that although reincarnated, Isa isn't too different from their previous life. Challenging Zeus, especially to defend someone's honor, was something they did almost weekly once they were older. "Yeah, you have a point there... Let's just do our chores for today and we'll discuss this further tonight."

"I'll keep this hidden then," Hunter promised as she took the certificate. "And I'll send it to your father after we finish this conversation tonight. I know your mother will be livid."

"Zeus needs to worry more about mother and Isa than he does about myself or my father," I chuckled and opened the door after Hunter put the certificate away again. "Let's make sure Isa didn't kill the maids."

Hunter laughed and followed me to the servant's dining hall where almost everyone was eating. Almost everyone. Isa was nowhere to be seen. The soft click of a door shutting caught my attention, causing me to leave the dining hall and look around, going to the source of the sound.

'Isa's soul...' My thoughts trailed off when the bright, flame-like soul suddenly disappeared, causing me to open the door in an instant. 'Where the fuck did they go?!' A piece of paper caught my eye — the pen on top of it an indicator that it was most likely written recently. I made my way into the room and picked up the piece of paper, letting out a relieved sigh at Isa's handwriting.

"[Y/N], I know you followed me, I'm just going home to get my binders. I'll be back shortly."

I chuckled and set the piece of paper down, turning my attention to Isa when they returned. "Glad you're being responsible with them."

"Yeah, Hunter makes sure I do. Lady Daniela even asks how long I've been wearing them throughout the day."

'Glad to know Dani isn't entirely pushing them away,' I thought and smiled at them. "That's good news. Now, did you get a list of your chores for today?"

"Mhm," Isa hummed as they put their binders away. "I'll be in the east wing with Hunter for the most part."

"Okay, good. That means the others will be in the west wing and I can focus on meal plans and the center — making it easier for the ladies to reach me if they need anything."

"Mm. Hunter should be making plates for us now, by the way, so we can eat and then get started."

'Right, they need to eat to survive. I just need to drink a glass of the lady's wine once a week and I'm fine.' I nodded at their proposal and walked with them to the kitchen where Hunter had already prepared our plates. Instead of going to one of the dining halls, we grabbed stools and set them by the island before taking our seats.

As we ate, I asked for a story about their past — quickly getting a response from Hunter. She wouldn't hold back any details, so having her answer was an interesting experience. Hunter mentioned something — something she would only know if she was intimate with Isa — about Isa's tail, causing me to interject with an apology.

"Hunter, I hate to interrupt, but I have a question for you."

"What is it, my lady?"

"...Your relationship with my sibling..."

"Ah, right, I forgot I let you know that," Hunter laughed nervously as Isa began glowing. "As you've probably guessed, we've stopped that now, but we did have an agreement."

"Agreement?"

"We were at war — unsure what day would be our last — and Isa was still recovering from a breakup so... We agreed to take care of any sexual needs the other will have."

"And the boundaries of this?"

"We uh," Isa interjected with a nervous cough. "We had certain rules... If the other wasn't in the mood, obviously we wouldn't do anything, but for the most part, everything else was discussed in the moment."

"Just making sure you were going about that responsibly," I promised and ruffled Isa's hair, smiling at their pout. "Honestly, I'm glad it was you, Hunter. If it was anyone else, I probably would've killed them by now."

"And they say Mel is the aggressive sibling," Isa muttered with a chuckle.

"Someone had to teach me."

We laughed before finishing breakfast and washing the dishes together. Once we went our separate ways, I moved to the lounge and sighed at how low the flame was. 'I need to get us more firewood... Even my powers won't keep all the flames in the castle burning for long if we're out of wood. Maybe I can ask Isa to get more? Dani should appreciate that as long as I tell her what room to go to to watch.' I moved over to the couch and hummed as I fluffed the pillows, readjusting them to how the ladies preferred.

My gaze lifted when I heard heels clicking, prompting me to send a small smile to the lady before moving to the table not too far from the couch. As I gathered the teacups and saucers, I noticed the lady hadn't left yet. Nor had she spoken. When my attention was back on her, her eyes softened and a low sigh left her. 'She knows something. Was she listening to Hunter and me?'

"I'll keep the secret, but try to tell Cassandra soon. She won't be as upset as you think — at least, not with you."

"I should've known you'd listen."