27

"σ' αγαπώ," I whispered. "I love you so much."

Two Days Later

Isa POV

"You should go talk to her," Dani sighed, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my back. "She's your sister and she needs you."

"I can't... The last time I did — the last time I tried to comfort her — she made sure I knew that I would never feel what she's feeling. I don't... I don't want her being mad at me forever, so, I can't be the one to check on her."

"Isa..."

"I'm sorry," I shrugged her off and stood up, grabbing my shirt from the chair. "I'm going for a run."

"Isa, wait-!"

I left our room quickly, nearly running down the stairs to get away from her. '[Y/N]'s been so cold to me since Cass was taken...' I paused once outside, letting the cold wind nip at my face. 'She was right though... I've never experienced what she's experiencing right now. And I pray I never will,' As I stepped away from the castle, I glanced back at the building. 'If I was keeping up with my training, this wouldn't have happened. And it won't. Ever. Again.'

First-Person POV

"You should talk to them," Bela commented from the doorway. "You've barely said a word to anyone since that day."

"I'm not leaving her side until she wakes up."

"You don't have to. But you should stop being a dick. Especially to your sibling."

"They will never understand."

"Why do you want them to? Why do you want them to hurt the way you are now? They don't need to experience this pain to be there for their sister... You just have to be willing to let them be here for you."

"...Are you here to see your sister, or scold me?"

"Multitasking," Bela whispered next to me before sighing. "She wouldn't want you to act like this — especially not to Isa."

"DON'T-! Isa died years ago. That's just a reincarnation... Isa will never come back. I can't lose Cass like that too."

"If you're not careful... You'll lose two Isas while trying to heal from what happened to Cass."

I went silent after that, looking away from the bed — away from Cassandra and Bela. 'What if Isa heard that?' My gaze shifted to the door in fear, relief washing over me when I noticed the hallway was empty still. 'Who am I kidding? Just because that's a reincarnation, doesn't mean hearing that won't upset them.'

'You're adorable trying to figure this out,' A voice laughed in my head. 'It's simple; A coping mechanism. You didn't have to do it when Isa died the first time, because you knew they would be reincarnated.'

'Who are you?'

'The only reason you're pushing them away is because you know that if Cassandra dies, she won't be reborn-.'

"SHUT UP!" I panted heavily before noticing Bela's shocked and nervous face. "...Don't follow me."

I left in a hurry as tears stung my eyes. 'No,' I told myself. 'Cass will have an afterlife — a chance at rebirth. She-she has to.' Before I knew it, I was outside, narrowly avoiding the fireball that raced around the castle. My eyes widened when it collided with a tree, the snow falling and extinguishing the flames. 'Isa!' I raced to the tree, my heart pounding against my chest as I dropped to my knees next to them. 'What happened?!'