19

"I'm gonna kick your ass!" I whisper-yelled.

"Excuse you, don't threaten my baby!"

"Yeah, don't threaten me," Isa stuck their tongue out.

"Now I'm really gonna kick your ass."

"Cass, control your girl," Daniela giggled and placed a hand on Isa's chest. "And you — I thought you were a general. I didn't realize you were this immature too."

"Well..." Isa trailed, clicking their tongue. "I think you're cute."

A loud buzz left Daniela as she dropped her hand, her head turning away from everyone. "I don't remember asking."

"Did you know that your soul blushes?"

"What?!"

"Wait, really?" I laughed, watching Isa nod. "No shit... What does it look like?"

"Oh, uhm," Isa scratched the back of their neck. "I guess... The soul gets brighter — feels warmer too, no matter the being."

"So you can see and feel souls?" Daniela hummed, watching them closely. "Feeling their heat is new."

"How much did you know about my powers?"

"You told me everything — I took notes too because you looked..."

Isa tilted their head in confusion. "Looked...?"

'You dense, dense fool,' I internally sighed when Daniela covered Isa's mouth and looked away bashfully. My gaze shifted to Cassandra when she kissed my cheek, bringing a smile to my face. I returned the action, feeling a pair of eyes on me as I did so. 'Mother's judging - so this is what it's come to? My mother having to watch us while she's here until Zeus finds someone new to bother...'

Once it was time for bed, I slipped away with Cassandra, pulling her into her room when we were near. 'She's second guessing this,' I paused when I felt the hesitation in her soul, looking up to lock eyes with her. 'Things are moving too fast for her...' I hesitantly moved my hands away from her, noticing the way her body relaxed. She steeled herself and slid her hands into mine, lifting our hands until she could place a kiss on my knuckles.

"Gods are..."

"...Don't beat around the bush."

Cassandra closed her eyes and took a deep breath, letting my hands go a second later. "Okay. Everything's so... Intense right now."

I nodded, slowly crossing my arms over my chest. 'Spit it out already.'

"And I just wanted you to know that I'm not going back—."

"It's fine, I get— Wait, what?"

"I may hesitate for a bit, but I don't regret anything and I don't want to go back. I want you — us. Just... maybe slow enough to not anger your family?"

"Or yours."

"...Or mine," We giggled as she pecked my lips. "I knew you were going to start overthinking it, so I wanted to get ahead of it all."

"How did you-?!"

"I know you."

"...I could-."

"Kiss me?"

"Shut up," I laughed, cupping her cheeks and kissing her.

'What a dork,' I internally giggled as she broke the kiss, watching a bashful smile spread across her face. 'But a cute dork. And mine.' Cassandra moved me over to the bed and sat me down, letting me rest my head on her shoulder. 'Hopefully things calm down and get back to normal soon.' I let my eyes shut despite the door to our room opening, my mind settling into a slumber.