14

My eyes shifted to the wall before I used my powers to extinguish the flames of the candles. 'I can worry about that tomorrow.'

By the time morning rolled around, Cassandra had managed to pull my body on top of her own — her face happily buried in my neck as she slept. 'Lovebug,' I internally cooed at the scene, trying to pull away as carefully as I can without waking her. 'But, she's a light sleeper.' Cassandra's grip tightened when I moved, a warning growl leaving her. 'And very possessive.'

"Lovebug," I whispered while placing light kisses across her face. "I have to get up."

"No," Cassandra growled before moving us onto our sides, making it easier for her to keep me close. "Five more minutes."

"...You better be glad Isa and Hunter will cover for me."

"I will always win this and you know it."

"Shut up and go back to sleep," I laughed as she nuzzled into my neck. "Wait, Cass..."

"Hm?"

"Do you want to spend today with me? You'll get to spend the day with your mother too."

"...Five more minutes, babe."

I giggled and rolled my eyes, letting her drift off to sleep once more. Once five minutes flew by, I carefully pried her arms off of my body and sat up, a quiet hiss leaving me at how sore I felt. 'Let's fix that real quick,' I internally grumbled, watching as the air around my body appeared to ripple before the soreness disappeared. 'Much better!'

After getting out of bed, I made my way over to the window and shifted the curtain enough to look out the glass, taking note of the damage done. 'I see Isa's already awake and fixing the damage,' I internally sighed as I watched the figure in the garden easily lift half a tree branch onto their shoulder to make moving it easier. 'Can't you just wait for me or Hunter to help you? You're gonna make yourself sick. And turn me into an overly worried older sister.'

I moved away from the window and placed a gentle kiss on Cassandra's head, slipping over to the closet to grab a new uniform. After getting dressed — choosing to wear a suit today — I left our room and began the path to the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen, I sent a smile to Hunter before waltzing passed her and taking the bottle of wine from Bela.

"Thank you, lady Bela," I hummed and turned on my heel. "Oh, and by the way..."

"Hm?"

I leaned close to her and kept my voice low, pointing at Hunter a moment later. "Your mother is giving Hunter Tuesday off."

"Why are you telling me that?"

"...Bela Dimitrescu..."

"Okay, okay!" She whispered with a pout. "...I'll... I'll think of something — thanks."

"It's what friends are for. Now after giving this to your mother, I'm gonna let Dani know where she can watch Isa from."

"...They do realize that it's freezing outside, it stormed last night, and the sun still hasn't come up yet, right?"

"Still not convinced they're half human," I sighed and walked off.

As I walked through the halls and to the lady's room, I would glance out the windows in hopes of seeing Isa again and making sure they weren't overworking themself. I stopped outside the lady's room and slowly opened her door, noticing she was already awake and dressed. With a frown on my face, I made my way over to her and opened the wine bottle.