7

"So will I."

Before we had the chance to talk further, the lady called for Cassandra, making it sound urgent so she'd leave faster. Cassandra didn't leave without pecking my cheek and sending me a small smile, pulling a smile onto my face as I lifted my hand to my cheek. I sighed happily before returning to Isa and watching as they easily bent the metal in their hands — almost as if it was putty for them.

"How-?"

"You're back!" They beamed before patting their bed. "Sit! How'd it all go?! How long do you have to wait?"

"I was just going to ask how you bent that like it's not a piece of metal from the Underworld."

"Oh, that... I was taught by Hephaestus — mostly to make weapons and lessen his workload, but in return, he said I could request he teaches me something else. I asked him to show me how to make jewelry because I wanted to make a necklace for mother."

I chuckled and shut the door before moving over to them, and taking a seat next to them. They molded the metal into a rod before setting it down — the metal cooling instantly when Isa's hands stopped glowing. I lifted the thin rod and ignored Isa's fidgeting, knowing it was just because they were incapable of staying still. When I set it down again, they grabbed my hand and began examining my hand.

"Making a ring for you will be easy," They muttered before letting go. "So, how'd it all go?"

"Well, I am allowed to date Cassandra for a month. The lady remembered that she and I met before... Before I became a god."

"You were human at one point?"

"For a few years, yes... I'm glad I'm not anymore. I don't have to leave like the others."

"...Like I did," Isa whispered as they fidgeted with their ring. "Is that why the rule is in place?"

"Don't let it bother you too much," I whispered and placed a hand on their knee. "They knew the risks, no one expected it to happen the way it did — and I hope the fates don't let you remember it."

"So I did date her?"

"You two were very happy," I promised as a sad smile appeared on their face. "Just give it time, you'll have plenty of it once father finishes what he's doing."

"What?"

"I'll explain another time — Mel filled me in last night, I'm sure she'll fill you in tonight. If she doesn't, just ask again tomorrow."

"Okay," Isa muttered with a confused pout. "Anyway, tell me about you and lady Cassandra — I wanna know everything."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're asking for a bedtime story."

"Maybe I am!"

We laughed before I told them the first story — the first time I knew Cassandra liked me as more than just a friend. She asked me to meet her in the armory, nothing was different about that, the girls always asked me to meet them in certain places throughout the week — usually just to spend time talking to someone that wasn't family. This meeting was different than normal.

I slipped into the armory after I finished cleaning one of the many rooms of the castle, sending a smile to lady Cassandra when I spotted her. She returned the smile and motioned me over before lifting a freshly polished sword. Her eyes sparkled when she asked if I wanted to know its history — resulting in an immediate 'yes' from me. What stood out was when she offered the sword to me.

"Wanna hold it?"

"You don't even let your sisters touch the weapon you're fixated on," I laughed before holding out my hands. "But, I'd love to. I can hold this over them now."

"Y-yeah well... I-I trust you," Cassandra rushed out the end of her sentence before a low buzzing came from her. "Careful with it."

"I know," I promised as she gently placed the sword in my hands. 'Why is she so flustered suddenly?'

"Oh she was madly in love at that point," Isa giggled. "And you were entirely oblivious!"

"I wouldn't talk if I were you," A velvety voice called before Hunter stepped into view. "I would gladly tell your sister how painfully oblivious you are when someone likes you."

"Knock first?! What if I was in here because she wanted to give me a new outfit to try on?!"

"...Isa I don't know how to remind you of this, but we've literally had sex numerous times."

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed as Isa's cheeks began glowing from embarrassment.

"That's not-! I-! I can explain!"

"I'm telling father," I giggled before disappearing, nearly cackling when I heard Isa's whine of Hunter's name. "They're still easy to fluster too."

"Who is?" Lady Bela inquired as she leaned against the wall. "And... do you know if-?"

"I doubt it — they would've stopped once one of them started developing feelings for someone in the castle. So, immediately upon arrival. Did Dani hear any of it?"

"No, but Isa should tell her before things get serious between them — if Dani will ever let it. She's avoiding them like the plague."

"I'll talk to her in the morning. I should return before Isa actually freaks out."

"Oh and uhm-."

"I'll tell Hunter to find you later," I laughed at her flustered buzz. "By the way, I think you two would look cute together."

Bela let out a flustered buzz as I left, bringing a wide smile to my face. Before I entered the room again, I paused and glanced inside, noticing Isa and Hunter talking. Their conversation was easily the most pathetically in love conversation I'd heard in a long time — both practically gushing over the oldest and youngest Dimitrescu's. I leaned against the doorframe and knocked on the wall, sending them a grin when they both jumped.

"Looks like you two are even more in love with them than I thought! It's adorable, honestly. Please, continue!"

"I can't tell if you're being patronizing or not," Isa grumbled as I laughed.

"I guess you'll never know then!"

——————
[Y/N] being a menace and constantly bullying Isa is what I live for now. I love writing this sibling dynamic for the reader and Isa