13

Cassandra laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, next time you get to top."

"Let's take a bath and go to a different room to sleep," I muttered, glancing at the window again. 'Even though the storm settled down, I don't trust him, so I don't want her near a window.'

"Yeah," Cassandra whispered while carefully moving off of the strap. "Someone's not happy we did that."

"I can name a few."

"Please don't."

We giggled before climbing out of bed and heading to the connected bathroom. I removed the harness and set it on the sink counter — knowing I'd be cleaning it later anyway. Once we were both in the bathroom, Cassandra turned on the hot water with a mutter of; "I'm glad you don't mind the hottest setting," leaving her. I wrapped my arms around her waist while we waited for the tub to fill, letting my cheek rest on her arm.

"Hey, Cass?"

"Hm?"

"...I think my aunt would approve of you."

"What do you mean by that?" Cassandra laughed, tilting my head up.

"I mean; my aunt is the goddess of marriage. If she approves of us dating, there's nothing my uncle can do that can allow this arranged marriage to happen! Why didn't I think of that sooner?"

"Because if you did, we wouldn't have had sex."

I stared at her for a moment before giggling. "Okay, that's true. I guess it was just fate, then."

"I guess so."

We giggled before climbing into the bath, Cassandra's arms wrapping around me to pull me against her once we were settled. I let out a content sigh while we stayed like that, toying with her fingers as the water continued to rise. Once it was at a decent height, I sat up and shut off the water before leaning back against her and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"When spring comes around," Cassandra immediately turned her attention to me as I spoke, making me giggle at her attentiveness. "Do you wanna go for a walk around the village? My body heat should keep you warm enough — plus I can always ask a few gods, pull a few strings."

"You can manipulate the weather?"

"I have friends in high places," We laughed after that. "But, it would be for a limited time. Hopefully long enough for us to have a nice date."

"Oh, so that's what this is," Cassandra laughed before pecking my lips. "You're trying to keep your promise."

'I nearly forgot about that, actually,' I thought in shock as the memory flashed in my mind. "I guess I am, yeah."

"...Well, subconsciously, I guess," She giggled and held me closer. "I'd like it. Maybe we can stop by a flower shop and you can judge them as the daughter of the goddess of spring."

"You want to find ones worthy enough for your mother and sisters, don't you?"

"...Dani likes daffodils, I want to make sure the ones I get are perfect."

"Well if they're for Dani," We laughed after my exasperated sentence. 'Dani loves all plants, it's just an excuse to see if she can figure out my favorite flower. I'll play her little game.'

"So, how pissed is your aunt gonna be?"

"Hm?"

"The goddess of marriage," Cassandra pointed out before motioning between us. "And we just had premarital sex."