15

"It's been longer than five minutes, hasn't it?"

"Oh, way longer."

Cassandra groaned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, sending me a weak smile. "Sorry, love."

"You needed rest anyway," I hummed before pecking her lips. "But, it's time to eat, so get up and get dressed."

"I'd rather watch you undress and join me."

"Get up, lovebug," I laughed and moved away from our bed. "Dani's not in a good mood and needs her older sister."

Cassandra sat up immediately after that. "Why?! What happened?! I don't care if Isa's your sibling, I'll-."

"It's not their fault!"

"...Right, sorry... What's wrong with her?"

"Well, she, apparently, isn't happy Isa's back-,"

"That's not true."

"-but, when she realized Isa overheard, she seemed to snap out of it. I'm worried this means our uncle will be messing with them instead of us now."

Cassandra glanced down at her lap before taking my hand and kissing my knuckles. "He's not gonna tear any of us apart, I promise."

Year: ????
Location: ???

"Dating a vampire is forbidden, Isa!" Zeus boomed, causing Olympus to shake. "If you continue to pursue this vampire, I will be forced to intervene!"

"You lay a finger on any of them and I'll hunt you down!" Isa growled as I held them back.

"Isa, let's go," I whispered, wanting to get back to the castle instead of being near him.

"No! He'll win if we leave!"

"You'll die if we stay! You'll be leaving Dani alone..."

Isa seemed to snap out of their angered trance at that. "...This isn't over, Zeus."

"It never will be, I can assure you both of that. Not so long as you both live."

"What?"

"Leave her out of this!" Isa growled again — effectively being pulled back into their anger. "You good-for-nothing— MMMPPPHHHH!"

I clamped a hand over their mouth and began pulling them away from Zeus, ignoring their squirming and muffled protests. 'Stop squirming! What are you, a worm?!' Once we were far enough away — and in the gardens of Olympus — Isa pulled away from me and let out a frustrated scream. I watched as a tear slid down their cheek while they took deep breaths to calm down.

'Isa,' I frowned and placed a hand on their back, rubbing soothing circles while they trembled. 'I've never seen them this angry before — not even when gramps tried to kidnap me... Does Zeus anger them that much?' Isa let out a shaky sigh before looking up again, sending me a weak smile.

"Sorry 'bout that! Let's go home... I'm not going to let him tear us apart and ruin your shot with Cass — I promise."

Present Day

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked her after the memory went through my head.