42

"A trip down memory lane."

When we stopped, I smiled at the realization that we were in the room where she first kissed me. "I remember this memory clearly — Dani had been trying for months to get us to confess."

"But it was Mother who tricked us both into this room," Cassandra hummed as she pulled me under the doorway to the bathroom. "And we both ended up under mistletoe."

Year: ????

"[Y/N], I need you to do something for me," Lady Dimitrescu hummed as she sipped her tea. "Could you go prepare a spare room? An old acquaintance of mine is on her way to Romania, and she wanted to catch up. She'll need a room to stay in."

"Of course, my lady," I bowed before leaving the room. 'Odd, she would've told me that sooner if it was true... Unless it was decided last minute? Yeah, that's probably it.'

"Oh, and be careful, Cassandra's not had blood since breakfast; she's a little cranky."

"I'll keep that in mind, my Lady."

As I left the room, I heard a faint giggle from Daniela, making me raise an eyebrow in confusion. '...Does that little fruit fly know something I don't?!' I shook my head clear before continuing through the hallways, humming to myself until I reached the hall where we used the guest rooms of. 'She never said which one I should get ready, so I guess I'll do the closest one?'

I turned to head for the supply closet not far from the rooms, squeaking when I nearly bumped into Cassandra. 'I know her Mother said she's been cranky, but she never shows that side to me.' When my thought ended, I realized my hand was on the vampire's cheek while she leaned into my touch with closed eyes. '...I wish you returned my feelings... Now would be the perfect time to kiss you.'

"I-I heard you've been upset due to a lack of blood," I muttered while letting my hand slide off of her cheek. "I can go get you some."

Cassandra looked off to the side before nodding. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Wait for me in that first room, okay? I won't be long."

"Alright." As I left the vampire, I felt her eyes burning into my back.

When I returned, I set the bottle of wine on my cleaning cart before pushing it to the room Cassandra was waiting in. I smiled at the vampire and poured her a glass of wine, handing it to her when she walked over. Cassandra smiled and thanked me as I got to work cleaning, letting her sip her wine and watch me. 'Everyone says they feel like she's waiting for them to fuck up when she watches them clean,' I thought while cleaning out the closet. 'But when she watches me, I don't feel that.'

By the time I finished the closet, Cassandra had poured herself another glass and went into the bathroom — saying she wanted to fix her hair. I gave a hum of acknowledgment and moved to the dresser in the room, dusting it while humming a tune my Mother used to hum to me. Once I finished that, I moved to enter the bathroom, only to bump into Cassandra when she tried to leave.

When I looked up to apologize, heat rushed to cover my face, my eyes widening at the mistletoe. Cassandra called my name twice before following my gaze, a flustered buzz leaving her when she noticed it as well. 'I don't know what to do! If I kiss her, there's a chance she'll kill me! But if I don't, I'd be lying to everyone... And maybe even breaking Cassandra's heart in the process. Oh, gods, what the hell do I do?!'

"Fe-feel free to stop me," Cassandra muttered before gently grabbing my hips and leaning forward, ghosting her lips over mine. "A-all you have to do is say 'Stop' or push me away and-."

I squeezed my eyes shut before closing the small gap — connecting our lips. 'Stop talking and kiss me already.'

Cassandra's arms snaked around me when she returned the action, causing me to melt in relief. The kiss ended sooner than I had hoped, resulting in us stepping away and muttering apologies to each other. I cleared my throat and offered the vampire a smile, only to be met with emptiness where she previously stood. '...And there goes that moment.'

Present

"I never realized how disappointed you were that I left," Cassandra muttered with a frown when I finished telling her my thoughts throughout the encounter.

"Ma'am, I gave you my first kiss, and you left. How was I not supposed to feel disappointed?!"

"...That was your first kiss?! I-I thought-?!"

"I lied to make you jealous," I huffed, puffing my cheeks. "You were dating someone that hated me!"

"It worked," Cassandra grumbled while pulling me closer. "...That was my first kiss, too. If I knew it was yours, I wouldn't have run off! I-I only ran away because... Because I was upset that I wasn't your first kiss, but you were mine. Soon after, that's when I decided to flirt with the other maids. I thought if I could make you jealous enough, you'd do something that was a first for you as well with me."

"We were idiots back then," I laughed before burying my face against her shoulder. "If we had told each other sooner, we could've saved a lot of jealousy and heartache."

"Yeah, but then we wouldn't have cringy stories to look back on."

"You're lucky they're still, mostly, cute memories on top of us being incredibly dense to each other's feelings."

"Speaking of cute memories," Cassandra muttered with a smile. "I think we can create one more in this room, don't you agree?"

"Oh? And what would that be?" I hummed while lifting my head to get a better view of her.

"It can be where we 'have' our honeymoon!"

"...You know what? I love that idea."

"So, all that's left now is to get your aunt or Mother Miranda, right?"

"Preferably both, but yes."

"Then let's make it official! Your Aunt has agreed to give us the blessing, and your Mother's already approved everything in the Underworld. All we're really missing now is the ceremony and rings."

I raised an eyebrow and pecked Cassandra's lips, brushing a thumb over her cheek. "How do you know so much?"

"I talk to your sisters at least three times a week."

"THEY DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME THAT OFTEN!"