41

Cassandra looked up once she finished pouring her glass and smiled, sipping her wine before speaking. "I'd love to!"

I giggled when she joined my side, setting her glass down momentarily. "I knew you'd join me."

"Because you know it's impossible for me to say 'no' to you." Cassandra purred before kissing my cheek. "What do we need for the food?"

"Well, some fresh meat would be nice," I hummed while grabbing some herbs and a knife. "Can you do that for me?"

"...You mean-?"

"Hunt someone for me," I purred and pecked her lips. "Kill for me."

Cassandra let out a flustered buzz before nodding. "An-anyone you want m-me to kill?"

I hummed in thought before tapping her cheek with the knife. "No, so surprise me. I have heard a few murmurs that there's a maid with a crush on you, so if you can find her-."

"On it!" Cassandra purred and kissed my cheek before swarming away.

'...I wasn't expecting that reaction — I probably should've, but I didn't. How adorable.'

While Cassandra searched for the maid, I finished grabbing the rest of the ingredients. I hummed as the vampire dragged a sobbing maid into the cellar, stating she'd return momentarily with what I requested. 'So quick and efficient!' Once Cassandra returned with an arm, I told her the sizes we needed to cut out, kissing her cheek when she got to work.

After nearly an hour, the food was plated, and the kitchen was cleaned up. Cassandra took the plates for me, letting me lead her out of the kitchen and through the halls. 'Hm... A room with a decent view...' I stopped us in a room with a view of the village, moving the table and chairs to get a better view before helping her set the table. Once we were seated, Cassandra moved her chair closer to mine and took my hand in hers, kissing my cheek with a smile.

"Have you ever thought about having kids?" Cassandra asked before sipping her wine. "Adopting or otherwise?"

"Where's this coming from?" I hummed in amusement. "Suddenly catch a case of 'baby fever' or just curious?"

"Just curious."

"Hm... I can't say I've never thought of it, but I'm also perfectly fine with being an aunt. It means we can return the kid when we get tired, and you get me more often. If we had a kid, that child would take priority if they needed something. What about you?"

"Truthfully, I didn't start thinking about it until Hunter mentioned wanting another baby. She said it would be nice to have someone for Costin to play with."

"And you started thinking, 'Having a baby and raising it would take too long. Adopting a kid around Costin's age would be easier.' Did I get that right?"

Cassandra nodded before taking a bite of her food. "When I had the thought, I figured I should bring it up. Didn't want to bring it up during sex."

"Hm, yeah, that's understandable. Wait, Hunter wants another kid? She does know that-?"

"Yeah, she knows," Cassandra frowned. "It breaks Bela's heart, but she plans on asking Isa for that favor they owe her. Dani's all for it, too."

"And you?"

"Hm?"

I giggled and kissed her cheek. "What are your thoughts on having another niece or nephew? This time, it'll be one they all planned for instead of the shock we got."

"Oh," Cassandra laughed as I ate some of my food. "Excited, I would have to say. They want to keep it from Mother until they confirm with Isa and, well, you know..."

"I know how babies are made, Cass. No need to fluster yourself talking around the subject."

"That's your little sibling we're talking about."

"And it's an act they've committed before, as we see from Costin's existence. Ah, I think that's what my family meant by, 'You sound different sometimes.' Either way, you can just say we should keep it a secret until we confirm Isa agrees and gets pregnant."

Cassandra let out a flustered buzz and nodded. "Ri-right. After that, if everything lines up, it'll be Mother's birthday surprise!"

"...And you're sure she can't hear us?"

"I wouldn't have brought it up if she could."

I turned her head before pecking her lips with a smile. "I thought as much; I just wanted to make sure you were a good girl."

Cassandra smiled and purred while leaning into my touch. "Always. Hey, with our wedding, what about that Lily girl as the flower girl? I remember how much she meant to you and Isa."

"I'll ask my parents to see if it's possible," I smiled as I went back to eating. "Good thinking, Lovebug. If we can get permission to bring her here, then maybe we'll be allowed to bring her here more often. It'd give Costin someone to play with, and who knows, maybe the rest of her family will join, and he can meet other kids around his age."

"You-" Cassandra stopped before her sentence got started, making me raise an eyebrow.

The Vampire stood and stared out the window, making me set my utensils down to copy her. I tilted my head when I saw the lady outside, Adina at her side, while they walked through the yard. 'Are they... on a date?' Cassandra sent me a confused look before focusing on the two again, a slight frown on her face. 'Odd. I thought she'd enjoy seeing her Mother on a date. Not to mention, Adina's harmless. Is she a little confused about how life and love work? Yeah, but she can learn.'

I rubbed circles on Cassandra's back, waiting for her to take her seat again. Once she settled down, I leaned over and kissed her gently, smiling with her when she returned it. 'Cutie,' I broke the kiss and told her to eat, laughing at her pout. 'We just had sex, and she's pouting because I stopped kissing her. This woman's going to be the death of me.'

After our meal, Cassandra walked with me back to the kitchen — helping me wash our dishes. I hummed as the vampire put the final bowl away, grabbing her wrist and gently tugging her out of the room. Cassandra hummed with me, twirling us until her swarm took over — her lower half becoming flies to lift us off the ground while she held me against her chest, facing her. I raised an eyebrow as she flew us through the hall, letting my arms snake around her neck.

"Where are you taking me?"

"A trip down memory lane."