48

"...Both."

Cassandra POV

"Cassandra, come here for a moment," My Mother called from her desk, making me swarm over to her.

"Yes, Mother?"

"Have you painted anything new?"

I grinned and held up the canvas that finished drying. "My most recent work!"

"...This is [Y/N] in a flower field," She hummed, a small smile on her face.

"Of course! She's my best friend."

"And... that's all she is? You don't have any other feelings for her?"

My flies became restless as I began thinking about her, trying to force the unknown feeling away. "Yes, Mother. That's all she'll ever be."

"...A best friend would make a great lover too-"

"Mother. She would never date flies," I hissed and swarmed away, unsure why it hurt so much to say that. 'I don't have feelings for her. Not like that. I-I'm just scared of her hating me — se-seeing me as a monster.'

First Person POV

"That's why she asked me that question," I muttered with a frown, rinsing the soap suds off of our bodies. "...I'm glad those thoughts disappeared."

"All because of you," Cassandra smiled and pecked my lips before we climbed out of the bath. "Mother was adamant about helping me dispel those thoughts. We spent a lot of time figuring out what made me feel pretty while also gaining your attention. Like taking my hood down often or catching maids in front of you."

I giggled and kissed her cheek when she wrapped a towel around my body. "What can I say? You're hot when you're chasing them. But when you catch them?" I shuddered at the memories and how aggressive she was. "You were always so aggressive but also so confident. You always complimented me afterward too."

"Don't get too excited remembering those moments. We have an eternity to relive them and make new ones."

"And now, maybe you'll be brave enough to drag me with you so we can fuck after."

Cassandra purred and pulled me in for a kiss. "You're insatiable."

"Have you seen my wife?" I giggled as I wrapped a towel around her and smiled into the kiss. "She's the same way with me anyway."

"Well, who can blame her?" She smirked before breaking the kiss and taking us back to the room.

"This is our eternity now," I smiled and leaned into her when we stopped near the fireplace. "Are we going to paint with Costin today?"

"Might as well, right? You know, I still can't believe they convinced Isa to get pregnant again."

I laughed before we moved over to the bed to dry off and get dressed. "Well, when your significant other, best friends and your son ask for a long time, you give it some thought. They already said that if it's twins, we have to take one too since I was given the cadou. I can't get pregnant."

Cassandra hummed after we were dressed and nodded. "Honestly? I wouldn't mind that."

"Well, we still have a while before then. Costin's excited though, so he may want to paint his future family."

"Or, we could paint his room."

"His room? Meaning he's actually sleeping in there now?"

"Four nights of the week now," Cassandra confirmed. "Isa and Hunter even said so."

"Awe, I'm so proud of him!" I giggled as we left the room. "He'll want dinosaurs."

"And stars and planets."

"And flowers," I giggled. "Nighttime flower field with his favorite dinosaurs?"

"Sounds perfect," Cassandra hummed as we made our way through the halls. "...Is it bad that I'm hoping for Isa to have twins now?"

"So you do get baby fever?"

"Just when I see you around Costin. It comes so naturally to you."

I smiled and kissed her cheek. "...I wouldn't mind seeing you in Mom mode."

"Then time will tell if we get our wish."

After Costin joined us, we walked to his room and got started; moving furniture, setting down a tarp, and painting away. We started with the grass and flowers, Cassandra continuing her story she promised me for the both of us.

Cassandra POV

"Mother...?" I called and knocked on her door, jumping slightly when she called for me to come in.

"What's wrong, Cassandra?" Her voice softened upon seeing how nervous I was.

"...I-I think you we-were right a long time ago. A-A best friend wo-would make an excellent lover..."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Even I can't deny these feelings, Mother. After you and Daniela helped me, it was blindingly obvious. I-I just don't know how to tell her..."

"Come here," My Mother cooed, hugging me once I was close enough. "How long have you felt these feelings for her, dear?"

"...Since she started," I sobbed. "I should've noticed sooner. What if she doesn't like me?! Wh-what if I took too long for her?!"

She shushed me and rubbed circles on my back, letting me cry it out. "I've seen the way she looks at you, you still have a chance."

"Ho-how do I... How do I tell her?"

"We'll plan something, I promise."

First Person POV

"Did we ever do that date you planned with her? I know you planned one."

Cassandra laughed and shook her head. "No, we haven't. We can whenever you want."

"I'll hold you to that," I giggled and helped Costin color a flower.

Months Later

"Ready to meet your brother or sister?" I asked Costin after Miranda told me everyone could enter.

"Yeah!" He giggled and rushed over, waiting for Miranda to open the door.

After everyone was in the room, I noticed the bundles in Isa's arms. "...Oh..."

"Hunter wanted a daughter... So, do you want a son?"

Cassandra's jaw dropped as she made her way over to Isa. "Yo-you sure?"

"I have Costin. Besides, it's the only way — other than adopting — for you two to have a kid."

The vampire took the boy from Isa and smiled at him, making her way over to me. "Costin, go see your baby sister."

"Who that?"

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "We'll explain later. Go see your sister."

"Okay!" He giggled and ran off, letting me face Cassandra and our son.

"Our date can be celebrating becoming parents," I whispered with a smile. "Do you have any names you might want to give him?"

"...No, you?"

"No," I giggled and glanced at my parents. "Maybe our parents can name him?"

"Leonidas," My Mother hummed.

"Emeric," My Father suggested. "A born leader."

"I'm fine with either," Lady Dimitrescu hummed. "Or Florin."

"Love? Which do you like?" Cassandra asked softly. "Or would you like to think some more?"