2

warning(s): mentions of death/memory of a death

"I'll try to be gentle."

Cassandra swallowed thickly before moving her face to the crook of my neck, my heart skipping a beat when she took a deep breath and groaned. I shuddered when her tongue dragged from my collar to my jaw, a soft whimper leaving me when she nipped at my skin. Her lips found my pulse immediately. Gloved hands gripped my waist and pulled me onto her lap, managing to pull a gasp out of me in the process.

Her fangs pierced my skin with — surprisingly — very little pain. I relaxed into her when her thumb began rubbing circles on my lower back, distracting me from the feeling of her fangs retracting so she could drink. Four. Five. Six gulps before she pulled back, a low groan escaping her as she licked at the wounds until they stopped bleeding.

I bit the inside of my cheek until she stopped, a wave of heat being sent to my core at the sounds she made. When she pulled away from my neck again, she leaned back and rubbed circles on my thighs. I let my arms snake around her neck, taking deep breaths while waiting for everything to settle down. Cassandra sent me a concerned glance when I remained silent, making me clear my throat and send her a warm smile.

"I'm okay," I whispered and rested my forehead against hers. "I was just dizzy for a second. I think I'll take you up on the food offer now."

Cassandra laughed before moving me off of her lap. "I'll be back then. Oh and uhm... Have you had any luck getting in contact with them? Dani..."

"No luck yet," I sighed and let my gaze drop. "It's been so long... I don't know what happened — the others won't tell me."

"Try reaching out to them while I make you food? She just needs closure."

"I'll try."

Once Cassandra was gone, I let out a low sigh and stood up, making my way to the bathroom. I shut the door and put the flames of the candles out. With a deep breath, I stared into the space the mirror was, watching as flames began to appear in the space. As the image became clearer, I let a smile pull at my lips, making sure my brother saw my smile before we had this conversation.

"Yo!" Zagreus laughed once he saw me. "What can I do for my little sister?"

"Not 'baby sis' anymore? You wound me, brother," I pouted, biting back a giggle when he panicked.

"I-I mean technically you're s-still my baby s-sister! Justnotthebabyofthefamilyanymore."

"What was that last part?"

"Huh?! Nothing!"

I frowned for a moment before letting a giggle leave me. "Anyway! I just wanted to ask about Isa..."

Zagreus frowned — suddenly serious — before a sigh escaped him. "They chose rebirth 21 years ago. We lost contact with them after the age of four. Sources say they're in Romania with a daughter of Hekate. And yes, their name is Isa. Some things never change."

"That's why... Thank you, I'll keep an eye out. F-for their soul."

"Appearance hasn't changed either. Come to think of it, the only thing that's changed is they've fought in wars. They're heavily scarred and traumatized. Go easy on them."

"I'll make sure the ladies — especially lady Daniela — know. Are they on their way here?"

"We're not sure. We just know they're in the area."