The two of you slid into the back of Justin’s all black Cadillac truck since he has his driver in the front seat. You didn’t inderstand why he didn’t just drive himself but you decided not to question it. It wasn’t a big deal anyway.

The car ride was filled with random conversations. They weren’t about anything specifically, you both were just sort of saying random statements for the other to reply. The two of you also took selfies and recorded videos to post on your seperate instagram, shots, and snapchat accounts to pass the time. It seemed to work because before you knew it the car stopped and you looked out of the window to see your favorite store.

“Barnes and Noble?” you said, turning your head to look at Justin.

“Yeah.. Don’t you wanna see your book on the shelves?"he asked, making a smile slowly spread across your face.

"I didn’t even think about that… I have to vlog this.” You took your camera out of your purse and turned it on. You and Justin both got out of the car and walked into the store. As you looked for the section your book would be in, you pressed record and held your camera at arm’s length, pointing it towards you. After making sure you didn’t look crazy in your viewfinder, you started to talk.

“Hey guys, it’s y/n. I’m at Barnes and Noble with my friend and we’re trying to find my book. It came out today and I’m really excited to finally see it on the shelves.” On top of being a writer, you started filming youtube videos as well. You joined a youtube community called booktube where people basically just talked about books and you occasionally posted follow-me-around-vlogs where you filmed your day. It was really fun and it was a way for you to connect to your readers and earn extra money so you enjoyed it.

You made sure to film as you and Justin walked to the right section. Since your book is a young adult contemporary novel, you went to the young adult section and began looking on the shelves.

“So we’re looking… ” you said, turning the camera from yourself to the shelves, showing the display of colorful books. You made sure not to show Justin. You never showed him in your vlogs because of who he is. The last thing you wanted was for him to think you were using him for views or to get attention. Deep down you knew that he knew you better than that, but you still couldn’t bring yourself to show him on your channel. It just felt weird to you. You weren’t even sure if he was comfortable with it.

“Y/n, isn’t this it?” Justin said. You sprinted over to where he was and fixed your gaze on the book he was looking at. You looked back at him and rolled your eyes.

“Very funny. That is 50 Shades of Grey.” you told him. He laughed and you pushed him lightly, mad at him for messing with you. “He got jokes today, y'all. This is not the time to be playing… I don’t even know why that book is in this section.” you said, walking to the other end of the aisle as you looked at all the shelves. When you got the the end you gasped and put a hand over your mouth.

“I found it!” you yelled a little too loud. You showed your face on the camera before you showed your book, sitting on the new releases shelf with a few other books. You picked up the book and let the camera focus on it as Justin came next to you. “There’s, like, three on the shelf here, guys. We’re at the Barnes and Noble at the Grove so you can come get one. It’d mean so much to me.” you said before putting the book down only for Justin to pick it back up.

“I’m gonna buy one.” he said. You made sure to show him picking it up and holding it without showing his face.

“Oh, well, there’s two here now so come get one. I’m sure they have more in the back.” you said to the camera. “You’re not even going to read it.” you told Justin.

“Yeah, but that’s how you know that I really support you.” he responded. You shook your head and laughed as the two of you began to walk to the register. You turned the camera back to you as you walked so you could speak to whoever would be watching when you posted it.

“You guys should buy it, but actually read it. I didn’t write it for nothing… So, my friend is gonna pay for his copy of my book then I don’t know what we’re doing after that.” you said. You stood next to Justin as he payed for your book and took a picture with the girl behind the register.

“I’m taking you to lunch. Then we’re hanging out all day to celebrate.” he told you.

“He’s being really nice to me today. He’s taking me to lunch and forcing me to celebrate my book release with him.” you said, laughing. You looked up at Justin and saw that he was smiling. The two of you turned around and started to walk to the door. “We’re leaving now so I’ll check in with you guys either at the restaurant or later on.. I’m not sure yet but I’ll be back.” You turned your camera off and put it into your bag before wrapping your arms around Justin’s torso. You had to bend over slightly as you walked in order to hug him as tightly as you wanted to. He was surprised by your sudden display of affection but wrapped his right arm around you anyway, returning the hug as you too walked.

“Thank you for buying my book and being the best friend ever.” you told him.

“So you admit that I’m the best friend that you have?” he asked you.

“Hmm… today you are.”

“Today… and everyday. You love me, just admit it.” he said. You rolled your eyes and smiled afterwards.

“I do. You’re the best.” you gave him a kiss on the cheek before you let him go. He held the door open for you and you walked through, going back to the car.