Dupe (Male) x GN Reader

Start from the beginning

"O-oh, sure. G-go ahead," I say, scooting closer, blushing intensely myself.

Dupe looks up at me and smiles, his teeth are sharp, but white as snow. It's not a bad smile. I return his smile, albeit nervously, as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, cautiously pulling me close to him. My head rests on his chest, and I can hear his heartbeat. It's hard to believe that these entities are actually living beings; actually alive.

We sit like that for a while before Dupe gets the courage to start stroking my hair. I flinch in surprise, but don't pull away, instead, leaning further into him so he doesn't get startled away. The hotel is so cold, and I feel safe in Dupe's warm embrace. He wraps his other arm around the front of my shoulders, pulling me even more into him. I smile and he feels it on his chest. He adjusts himself so that his arms are wrapped around my back and I feel his warmth radiating through my body. I don't even notice I fall asleep until I feel someone lightly shaking me awake. Dupe shakes me awake and I pull away, suddenly cold without his arms around me. I look up at him and smile.

"I-I don't wanna hold you here too long. I...you should probably continue through the hotel so you can go home. I-I'm sorry for wasting your time," He says sheepishly, standing up and starting to walk away.

I quickly get to my feet and take the two steps towards him, grabbing his wrist and turning him around. I look up into his shocked and confused black eyes as he looks back into my determined and hopeful e/c eyes.

"Can-can you come with me? I-I don't wanna do this alone," I say, my voice a little shaky.

Dupe looks taken aback, surprised by my invitation.

"Y-you mean it? You-you don't mind if I tag along?" He asks, pointing at himself for assurance.

I smile up at him, "yeah! It would be nice having some company in this scary place."

Dupe smiles and hugs me tightly, thanking me over and over again. I smile and hug him back, acknowledging his thanks.

We continue through the hotel, Dupe keeping me company. He talks on and on about himself and the other entities here, who aren't all too bad. He shares funny stories and memories they've shared. I laugh with him and nod along, grateful for the distraction and entertainment. Eventually, we reach door 0100 and he helps me gather the pieces to fix the breaker box, helping me put it back together and flipping the switches. Figure just stands aside, listening to us struggle amusedly before we finally finish the breaker box. Dupe walks me up the stairs and to the elevator, stopping me before I can go inside. I face him and see the happiness leave his face, replaced with sadness and lonliness once more. I walk up to him and give him a hug, apologizing for having to go so soon. I lean up and kiss him on the cheek, pulling away just in time to see the deepest red blush paint his naturally red cheeks. I smile sadly and take his hands in mine.

"I'm sorry I have to go so soon, Dupe. I really enjoyed our time together, even though you scared me half to death in the beginning," I add teasingly.

He looks down, shame written all over his face. "Yeah, I-I'm sorry a-about that," he says, his hands going limp in mine.

"No no no it's fine! I can understand how you felt. It's not your fault. Please don't beat yourself up over it. I was just doing some lighthearted teasin. I apologize if I upset you," I smile apologetically.

He shakes his head, a sweet smile placating his lips. "No no it's okay! I understand," he responds, grasping my hands firmly, not wanting me to go.

"I'm so sorry, Dupe. I-I wish I could stay a little longer, but-but I have to get home," I say, my voice sad and apologetic.

"Don't worry about it, Y/N. I understand," he responds, letting my hands drop from his.

He sighs as I turn around and step into the elevator. I turn back as the doors begin to close, waving goodbye to Dupe. He waves back and the doors close right as I see tears fill his eyes. I feel bad for him, but I can't stay in the hotel. I have a home. A family. As the elevator begins to plummet, I feel my consciousness fading away. I wake up back in my bed at home, thinking back on the adventure I ended too quickly. I slide out of bed and log onto my computer. I open Roblox and a pop-up window appears on my screen from the developers of DOORS.

"You have been one of the very few DOORS players who has been selected randomly to allow access into the real DOORS Hotel. Thank you for being a full supporter of our game and we cannot thank you enough, R/U. Please enjoy unlimited access into the DOORS Universe. Have a wonderful day, Y/N!

Best regards,
LSPLASH, DOORS DEVELOPER"

I gasp in shock at what I've just read, then smile happily to myself.

"Don't worry, Dupe. I'll be back," I say, turning off my computer and laying back down on my bed, happier than imaginable.

And that is how I made friends with a lonely, timid, and attention-starved duper who just needed a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for staying with me even though I've been so inactive. I can't promise that I'll try to get more oneshots, but I promise I'll try to stay motivated so I don't leave you guys hanging. Maybe I'll close the book down after I get 35K reads so I don't have to worry about writing for a while. But I don't wanna leave you guys hanging. I hate having people wait on me, but unfortunately that's just not enough motivation to keep me writing. Again, I apologize for my inactivity.

Thank you guys for taking the time out of your day to read my stories and have a wonderful day/night!

(I don't have the energy to proofread. Deal with it.)