Chapter 84

When his name disappeared from my phone I turned it off, looking up at the dark night sky. I pulled my sweater tighter around my frame, the air on the roof being a bit chilly but I really needed to clear my head right now.

"Why can't you just come back to me?" I closed my eyes, face tilted up as the tears fell down freely.

"Hey" Mickey nodded from the couch when I walked back inside.

"Hey" I replied, sitting down next to him.

"I put Riley to bed about an hour ago" he claimed, turning his head to look at me while my eyes were glued to the TV.

"Yeah"

"Listen, he doesn't deserve you, he doesn't deserve your worry, not anymore" Mickey tried to talk some sense into me before I got hurt again.

"I just— I don't know what to do without him, he's always been there and now he's just gone like none of it ever mattered" I rambled in frustration.

"Well I'm here now, and I'm not leaving you anytime soon, take things slow, but you've got to stop with the Gallaghers before you get hurt" he reminded, throwing his arm over my shoulder and hugging me close to him.

"Thanks, Mick" I leaned into his side for a little bit, the two of us watching TV.

With a groan I woke up, rolling over and reaching for my buzzing phone on the nightstand. I peeked my eyes open slightly to see who was calling when I saw his name pop up.

"Fuck" I cursed, nearly dropping my phone in shock. "Hello? Hello?"I sat up eagerly, answering the call.

"Hey, Meg." Ians voice broke through and I let out a sigh of relief, hearing his voice.

"Where the fuck are you?" I asked gently yet you could clearly hear the exhaustion in my voice.

"Home" he replied blankly.

"I'm on my way" I promised, ending the call and ruching to get Riley into her stroller.

I sprinted down the street as fast as I could, pushing Riley's stroller in front of me. My body came to a slow in front of the familiar house, pausing finally to see Ian slumped on the steps. He cast a glance in my direction while I caught my breath, breathing heavy from the running.

"Where the fuck have you been?" I asked.

"With my mom." Ian replied lazily, turning back to stare away from me.

"You okay?" I wondered gently and he glanced towards me again.

"I hate the meds. You gonna make me take 'em?" He asked back, shifting to face me properly from his seat on the steps.

"You get fucking nuts when you don't." I reminded.

"Are you gonna want to be with me even if I don't?" He asked to which I sighed, wishing deep down there was a way I could help him.

"You used to love me. Now you don't even know who I am. Shit, I don't know who I am half the time." Ian stood and turned to walk inside. "You don't owe me anything." He told me simply, hands in his pockets as he glanced back at me.

"I love you." I promised.

"What the hell does that even mean?" Ian mumbled.

"It means we take care of each other."

"You deserve so much better than me" Ian said.

"Stop lying" I told him sternly, prepared to be with him until the end.

"I don't want you sitting around, worrying, watching me, waiting for me to do my next crazy shit." He walked back towards me.

"It means thick and thin, good times, bad, sickness, health, all that shit." I continued. "Until the end"