Chapter 71

"Yay." We all clinked our glasses together at Patsy's pies. "To summer."

"And to Lip's first year of college, may you all follow in his footsteps. And Megan graduating high school" Fiona added, sending us each a nod.

"To Lip and Megan" they all added.

"Yes, thank you, guys." Lip nodded at the group of our family while I smiled around.

"Frank." Fiona prompted him as he stuffed his face full of food.

"To Lip." He pulled out a beer bottle.

"And?"

"And what? Oh and Megan" He shrugged without a care as I simply laughed it off.

"You sure you should be drinking, Frank?" Lip asked over.

"You think a brand-new, untainted liver's gonna stop him?" Fiona asked back.

"After extensive research and weeks of testing, I've determined my liver can support one beer a day." Frank held up his bottle. "I am now a cheap date. I'm buzzed already like an anemic ten-year-old girl."

"Who's ready for pie?" Fiona asked out.

"I want to taste cherry pie." Carl smirked up at her.

"Ugh." She scoffed with disgust.

"I gotta go feed Riley, but could I have an apple pie?" I asked, standing up and picking Riley up from her high chair.

"Sure thing, Megan" Fiona patted my shoulder and waved to Riley as I walked to the washroom.

"Any more of that Salisbury steak?" Frank called as she went to walk off too.

"Yeah, if I pay for it." Fiona crossed her arms.

"I tell you what, get me an order, and we'll call it even." Frank told her.

"Call what even?" Lip wondered.

"Her trying to kill my son with cocaine." Frank brought it up as Fiona sighed, wanting to move past this.

"Douche bag, why would you say that? Why are you even here, Frank?" Lip snapped protectively, defending his sister.

"Just don't. I'll just get him some more." Fiona cut in.

"To go. I got to get back to work." Frank called after her.

"I don't want any pie." Debbie twisted her straw in her drink sadly.

"What's going on with you? First you're stabbing dolls in the face, now you're all mopey?" Lip looked over at her.

"Holly and Ellie aren't talking to me anymore. It's like I'm invisible." Debbie explained glumly as a bus boy came to help clear space on the table, Ian eyeing him with interest.

"I hate it when teenage skanks do that." Fiona stated when she returned.

"What do you mean?" Debbie looked over at her sister.

"Same thing happened to me with Heidi Mitchell and Donna Alexander."

"Me too. Leah March and Jean Kolb." Another female waitress added.

"Really? Why?" Debbie wondered.

"Who knows? Jealousy, periody. Two weeks later, they started talking to me again like nothing ever happened." The woman explained.

"Same with Heidi and Donna." Fiona added.

"It's not fair. They don't get to do that. I'm never being friends with Holly and Ellie again. Screw those bitches." Debbie said strongly.