Chapter 50

I woke up in Mickey's room, carefully looking around as fear clouded my every sense. I caught sight of Mickey sitting at the end of the bed waiting for me to wake up.

"Where's Ian? Is he alright?" I worried immediately.

"He's gone" Mickey said calmly.

"Gone?" I grew even more panicked.

"Back to the group home" Mickey elaborated, knowing my first thought was of our dad hurting him. "You alright?" He asked carefully, moving to sit beside me. I shook my head no as I started to cry, Mickey pulling me in for a hug and patting my hair down for comfort.

~~~

"Hey." Fiona greeted Lip as she took the computer into the kitchen dressed in a business outfit.

"Hey, I thought I heard the door." Lip said as he jogged downstairs to meet her.

"They let you out of the group home?" She questioned curiously.

"Oh, yeah. They cut us loose from dawn till dusk." Lip sighed, sitting at the counter.

"I found them." Ian came through the living room with a small box of items and a bruise prominent on his face. "I'm going to visit Carl and Liam. He asked for M-80s, Nintendo DS, and ninja throwing stars." Ian told Fiona as he held out the items.

"Could use your help." She stated.

"How?" Lip wondered as Fiona sighed and pulled down a throwing star from the wall handing it to Ian to take.

"I'm getting custody." She announced to her brothers.

"Of us?" Ian asked back in shock.

"It's the only way to bring everyone home and keep it that way." She claimed, taking the computer and going upstairs. Ian and Lip shared a weary look at her plan, not knowing exactly how they would feel about it.

~~~

"Doing Kev's taxes every year since I was ten is finally gonna pay off." Lip claimed, him and Ian walking around the bar to set down a large box of paperwork.

"You just gotta scan the W-2 and change the name." Ian explained.

"Yeah, it's so easy, it's like they're daring you to commit fraud." Lip said.

"I don't want to get Kev in trouble." Fiona worried.

"Yo, Kev?" Lip called over.

"Hey, need a refill?" Kevin asked them.

"No. Is it cool if we put Fiona's name on your W-2?" Lip asked back.

"Sure." Kevin shrugged simply. "What's a W-2?"

"Hmm?" Lip shrugged to Fiona proving his point. "Look, even if he gets pinched, right? The feds'll figure out pretty quickly he can't do his own taxes, let alone fake someone else's. Anything else?" Lip finished in a quieter tone.

"Yeah. I need you to get a will notarized." She told them.

"A will?" Ian asked.

"Aunt Ginger's. Good news. She died. We're getting the house." Fiona filled them in on the rest of her plan.

"Will's no good without a death certificate." Lip reminded.

"Yeah. We're gonna need a body, too." Fiona sighed.

"Uh, where are you gonna get a dead body?" Ian questions skeptically.

"Sorry to bail. It's my mom." Jimmy-Steve stood from the bar as his phone rang.