Chapter 68

Carl jumped out of his bed that morning, pulling on his pants as he looked to see me sleeping in Ian's bed peacefully. Riley was downstairs with Debbie as I was up most of the night with her and Debbie wanted to give me a break.

"Megan your girlfriend?" Carl asked Ian who was doing pull-ups in the doorframe of Lips room.

"We're friends." Ian claimed with a smirk, continuing to do pull-ups.

"She's in your bed." Carl said.

"Yeah, her family is a nightmare." Ian did one last pull-up before dropping down.

"Think I got a girlfriend." Carl said.

"Oh, yeah?" Ian smirked back proudly.

"Yeah, her family's a nightmare too."

"Whose isn't?" Ian asked back.

"You love Megan?" Carl wondered.

"I like how she smells." Ian answered with honesty.

"What you asking stupid fucking questions for?" I snapped catching their attention as I woke up with a grumble.

"You were nicer when you weren't sleep deprived" Carl stated while I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. "Frank survived his liver transplant, in case you were wondering." Carl told Ian as Ian walked towards the bathroom I had just gone into and Carl went downstairs.

"Nope. Wasn't." Ian replied.

"I gotta go to court for the divorce today" I told Ian simply as I brushed my teeth, him leaning in the doorway watching me.

"All right, I'll get dressed." Ian shrugged as I spit out the toothpaste and he walked out pulling off his shirt.

"No, no, look, it's fine." I called, following him into the hallway where he turned around to face me. "Mickey will bring me over" I reminded, not wanting any more trouble. "I'll be back in a couple hours."

"What, you don't want me to go?" Ian said, pinning me to the wall in the hallway as my eyes brows raised with interest.

"Probably best if you don't, tough guy." I pushed back and pinned him against the other wall, looking him up and down.

"Yeah, for you, maybe." Ian said as I sighed and stepped back.

"Why do you care?" I walked into his room to get ready for the day.

"Just wondering if we're a couple or not." Ian grabbed my hips and spun me around to look at him.

"Of course we are." I promised, cupping his face gently as I looked into his eyes.

"A couple that hides?" He asked back.

"Hey, it's working out so far, so good." I reminded, knowing my dad would kill us if he found out.

"Getting kind of sick of it." Ian told me honestly.

"Jesus Christ, Ian. How about you let me go deal with their stupid shit before I deal with your stupid shit?" I pointed, grabbing my clothes to get dressed as Ian watched me walk out. I changed into a white blouse and some black pants, keeping it classy yet professional as this court case would determine what happens with Riley.

"Mickeys here!" Debbie called up to me as I ran downstairs with Riley who had been changed into a new outfit.

"Yeah, I know" I rushed to grab my jacket. "I'll be back this afternoon!" I called back with a wave to everyone, Ian watching me walk out.

"Yo. Dad in there yet?" Mickey called as we walked over to see our brothers putting up the welcome home Terry sign.

"Uncle Ronnie went to get him. Should be here any minute." They told us.