Chapter 29

"It's possible for a guy to be named Jody and not be a douche bag?" Lip asked out, Mandy, Ian and I walking beside him towards the exit.

"Ever thought about calling him 'Choady'?" Mandy commented as Ian grabbed a set of socks and slipped them in his bag casually.

"Tool hijacked my sex buddy." Lip complained with a pout.

"Revisionist's history." I said simply.

"What?" Lip looked to me with confusion.

"More than a sex buddy." Ian elaborated as I nodded in agreement.

"Nah, that was just my little brain doing all the thinking while my ass was doing all the talking. You guys wanna come on the ice cream truck later?"

"Can't. Volunteering at the VA." Ian claimed.

"That's a waste of time." Mandy told him.

"It's gonna look good on my West Point application." Ian reminded her.

"You know, you should be figuring out how to work the system instead of playing into it." Lip turned to look at us as we reached the door to leave.

"America is a meritocracy." Ian stated.

"They don't even make boot straps anymore, then how the hell you supposed to pull yourself up by 'em? Dumbass." I replied, taking Lip and Mandy's side on this one.

"Oh, Dumbass." Lip joked, teasing his brother with a nudge to his arm. Ian shook his head with a laugh as they followed me out of the store. "Hey, I'm totally stealing 'Choady,' by the way." Lip claimed.

~~~

"Did you know that the trigonometric moment problem has infinitely many solutions if the Toeplitz matrix a is invertible?" Ian asked, sitting on his bed and going through a textbook as I helped him study, still reading 'Alice in Wonderland' mindlessly.

"Yeah." Lip and I both replied neither of us really listening to him. Ian shot me a look before tickling my side to get my attention.

"Stop!" I squealed out, moving to sit further from him. Ian laughed and stopped, now having my full attention as I set the book aside.

"Nothing but parking tickets. This Choady guy makes vanilla taste like fucking thai spice." Lip sighed, going through papers on his bunk.

"You ran a background check?" Ian wondered, knowing his brother was too obsessed with Karens relationship with Jody.

"Tony." He stated before continuing to read the papers. "You know, the only remotely interesting thing is a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend because she threw a camera at him. He's fucking ridiculous, this guy." Lip claimed, jumping down and sitting on the desk beside us.

"You're like Liam when someone touches one of his toys." Ian stated in amusement as I laughed along.

"I don't find any dirt, I'll just have to make some." Lip thought.

"You guys think you could hang out at some point Saturday night? Deb's sleepover-- help fill out the guest list?" Fiona questioned as she entered the room.

"Sure." Ian agreed, me nodding along in agreement.

"Yeah, I'll bring some strippers and a hookah pipe." Lip claimed. "I'm kidding. I thought it was funny." He said as Fiona left with a sigh. Ian let out a laugh at his sister and brother before getting back to work as I helped him out.

~~~

"Gearing up for bank robbery season?" Frank approached Mickey under the El where he was shooting a cardboard target.