Chapter 14

"Tire." Lip greeted as Tire shut both doors behind him. 

"Lip, my man." He started friendly, going in for a high five. "They invalidated my score!" He shouted, Lip dodging out of the way just in time.

"Shit! I was gonna call you." Lip moved to put the couch with his brothers in between him and Tire. Ian finally looked up at the commotion, sitting still and letting his brother deal with his own problems.

"I'm gonna get, like, a six on this test!"

"You get at least a couple hundred for spelling your name correctly." Lip claimed with hope but Tire was already running to chase him. "Shit! Wait! Wait! Wait! I can fix this, all right?" Lip had stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"I won't be able to play ball in college!" Tire chased him upstairs.

"Fuck, you'll go straight to the pros!" Lip called back.

"Hey, Gallaghers, what's up?" I walked in and tossed my bag on the floor as Debbie, Carl and Ian seemed to be listening tensely for something, sitting still and waiting. A crash sounded from upstairs and without a word we all sprinted up to see what was going on.

"Please.." Lip begged, hanging upside down out of the window of Debbie's room.

"You think you'll live if I drop you on your head? I don't." Tire claimed.

"Lip!" Debbie cried, reaching the room first.

"Shit! Shit! Get him back inside!" Ian tried to pull at the large guy holding Lip outside the window. 

"Back off, or I'll throw you out, too." Tire snapped as I held Debbie back safely.

"Let him go!" Carl demanded strongly.

"Get my brother back in the house, or the kid swings the bat." Ian claimed, Carl holding the baseball bat ready to attack.

"Okay, okay."

"Now!" I demanded.

"Keep your shit straight; I'll pull him in." He started to pull Lip up.

"Hey, now! Come on!" Ian called again.

"What the hell is going on?" Fiona rushed in with a panic.

"Carl's got it covered." I stated. As soon as Lips' feet were on the floor he was crossing the room to stand with us.

"I was just joking. Okay? Okay?" Tire claimed nervously as Carl stared him down darkly. Carl wacked him in the knee as we all gasped in shock. Ian and Lip were quick to lift Carl up, carrying him out of the room on their shoulders in pride, the rest of us following and cheering.

As everyone settled down for the night Ian and I were left sitting on the couch together.

"Don't you have to get home?" Ian asked as I shook my head sadly in reply. "What? I thought you liked this home?"

"I really thought that would be my forever home" I claimed softly.

About an hour earlier I had been kicked out of my foster home, the parents claiming I was too bad of an influence as somebody had reported to them that I was yelling at Mickey outside of the store earlier. They were worried that Mickey would become a problem and they didn't want to risk the children they had adopted so they kicked me out. "Everytime I get comfortable somewhere they leave me"

"Hey, we will never leave you" Ian stated sharply, making sure I looked him in the eyes to know how honest his words were. "I'm with you until the end"

"Thanks, Gallagher" I leaned my head on his shoulder with a small smile.