Chapter 22

"Morning, Mandy" I smiled as I passed her in the living room, walking out of Mickey's room which I was staying in while he was locked up.

"You're going to the Gallaghers again?" She asked, watching me move towards the door with my bag.

"Yeah, I'll be back tonight" I promised my sister with a final wave.

"Hey" I said, walking into the boys room.

"Yo" Lip replied, not looking up from his computer.

"Hi, Megan" Ian greeted, flopped back on his bed tossing a ball up and down. I took a seat at their desk, pulling out my math homework.

"Stop downloading porn." Fiona knocked before walking in.

"Oops, busted." Lip jokes, still focused on his computer.

"I need a sweater." She stated, rummaging through their drawers as Debbie stood beside her helping.

"Help yourself." Lip said.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked, pausing and looking over her shoulder at us.

"We're looking for homeboy's dad." Lip claimed proudly.

"He's looking for homeboy's dad." Ian corrected.

"Jesus. There are a lot of Gallaghers. Hey, Fiona, do you know any of Frank's brothers' names?" Lip looked up at her.

"Shit, I have no idea. Oh, I think one of them's Wendell or something." She thought deeply.

"I suppose I could just start calling them all." Lip said.

"What do you care, anyway?" Fiona asked as she held up sweaters for Debbie to judge.

"He just wishes it was him that wasn't Frank's kid." Ian sat up.

"Plus, you know, if we find Ian's real dad, you know, maybe he'll give us some cash or we could report his name to the state and collect extra child support." Lip suggested.

"Then I'd have to hang out with the dude." Ian grimaced at the thought.

"He might be cool." Lip shrugged.

"Ha, Frank's brother?" Fiona laughed.

"He's got to be better than Frank, right? I mean, maybe he has a job or he's sober or he likes kids." Lip listed ideas.

"Doubt it." Ian commented back, throwing the ball over to me, dropping it in my textbook with a laugh.

"Oh, hey, how about this one, Debs?" Fiona held up a sweater.

"It'll have to do. Now go. Come on." She pulled Fiona out in a rush.

"Oh, take the bus out to see Grammy. She'll know where the brothers are." Fiona stepped back in to tell us. The three of us shared a look, Ian flopping back in defeat. I threw the ball over at him again, hitting his head as I laughed. Ian allowed a small smile while sitting up again.

"Let's go," Lip urged, closing his laptop and grabbing his jacket.

~~~

"Aren't you a little bit curious to find out who he is?" Lip questioned Ian as the three of us walked down the street together to catch the bus.

"No."

"No, he could be any one of these guys." Lip was determined to convince his brother this would be good.

"Oh, yeah? Like that one right there?" Ian smirked, nodding to a woman who looked like a man passed out on the sidewalk.

"Totally." I laughed back.