Chapter 21

"So the lawyer said there's nothing you can do?" Steve clarified as we all sat around Fiona's new house talking about the situation with Monica.

"If we sue, it could backfire. Make things worse." Fiona said. A knock on the door caught our attention, Lip walking in to meet up with us all.

"Jesus. This place still smells like old man Harris." He claimed in disgust.

"What did Monica want?" Fiona demanded answers right away.

"She wants us to come over for dinner. Some kind of a family meeting." Lip explained.

"Family? Fucking load of shit." She scoffed in disbelief. "You told her we know Liam is Frank's?"

"Yeah."

"You have any pot? I think if I have to go see Mom conscious, I might actually commit a violent felony." Fiona claimed with a sigh.

"That's the first time in a long time I've heard you call her Mom." Lip stated.

"I did? I don't know if I ever really felt like she was my mom." Fiona commented sadly.

"Ian and I got our DNA tests done." Lip spoke up to tell the group.

"Why?" Fiona asked them in confusion.

"I don't know, got excited at the idea of not being Frank's, and if none of us are his, then you'd have a much easier time becoming our legal guardians." Lip explained his plan to his sister.

"Lip's gonna pick up the results in about an hour." Ian said, taking a cigarette from Steve.

"Just be careful, you might not like your results" I warned, leaning back on the couch.

"What? Like how you found out you belong to a family of criminals?" Steve spoke up.

"Hey, she didn't choose that family" Ian snapped back protectively.

"Leave her alone" Fiona stepped in to warn Steve. I shot Steve a warning glare, reminding him of the lies I knew. He backed off and I set my hand on Ian's shoulder to keep him back.

"Hey, I'm alright" I said with a nod of reassurance. Ian nodded along as well, sitting back beside me to calm down, everyone being on edge since Monica returned.

"Well... ...here's to you not being Frank's." Fiona shared an informal toast, perfect for my found family. "Lets go, Gallaghers" Fiona stood, all of us following her to go next door to meet with Monica and Roberta.

"You can go home now" Ian told me while we walked down the steps of the house.

"Not a chance. I'm with you until the end remember" I held out my hand for him. He took my hand and looked back to see Lip smiling, knowing everything would be okay between us.

"Okay. There, I hope everybody's hungry."  Monica smiled as she set the burnt lasagna on the table."There you go, Ian, it's your favorite."

"What is it?" Ian looked up to her in disgust by the look of the food.

"Lasagna." She said, "Carl, could you start passing the salad, please?" Monica asked him simply. Carl glanced across the table to Fiona who nodded discreetly for him to pass the salad like Monica said.

"Monica is Liam's mother, and I know you won't be happy, but—" Roberta started, Liam sitting in her lap.

"Jesus, Bob, can we just enjoy our dinner and then talk after?" Monica tried to stay happy.

"Talk about what?" Debbie asked immediately, panic written on her face.

"Debbie, please. Where's Lip?" Monica looked up to notice he was missing from the seat next to me.