Chapter 19

I passed Ian silently, setting my bag in the back when a gunshot rang out. I shot my head up quickly, looking towards the store after setting my bag down. I ran out to find Ian standing to the side in shock, Kash holding a gun and Mickey standing a few feet away from the counter.

"Kash, what are you doing?" Ian panicked, trying to calm the situation nervously.

"It's a fucking Snickers bar!" Mickey called back in defense.

"Shut up!" I ordered my brother pointing harshly to him, from beside Ian, knowing he would only make things worse.

"Fuck!" Mickey cried out as he was shot in the leg, my eyes going wide.

"Holy shit!" Ian panicked even more.

"Kash!" I shouted hostilely, glaring at the man who owned the store.

"Jesus Chr...!" Mickey fell to the floor in pain. I shook the anger from my thoughts and focused on my brother.

"You okay?" I worried, rushing to his side and putting pressure on the wound immediately.

"Fuck!"

"Hey, hey, listen to me." I tried to get him to pay attention to me, but his mind was going wild with fury and shock.

"You fuckin' suck!" Mickey points to Kash with anger.

"We gotta go!" Ian pulled at my arm, already having grabbed my bag and jacket from the back.

"What? No, I'm not leaving him" I looked back at Ian with panic, shaking my head.

"You hate Mickey" Ian reminded.

"He's my brother" I shot back.

"Go, you can't get in trouble for this" Mickey pushed at my shoulder weakly. With a nod I stood up, Ian grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the store in a hurry as Kash set the gun down and the police were on their way.

"Thought you were at work." Lip looked up at Ian and I when we slowly walked to Sheila's house to find Lip smoking on the front steps. 

"There was a shooting. Mickey and Kash." Ian said, sitting down and throwing an arm over my shoulder to comfort me as I stared at my bloody hands in my lap silently, wiping them harshly in an attempt to get rid of the red that had stained them.

"Holy shit, Mickey shot Kash?" Lip gasped.

"Kash shot Mickey." Ian shook his head.

"What?"

"In the leg. He's fine. I just wanted to get out of there before the cops got there. What'd I miss with Mom?" Ian asked next, trying to divert the conversation when he noticed how I was still quiet.

"Well, you know how Dad's a total fucking asshole?"

"Yeah."  Ian nodded with a slight laugh.

"Turns out he's the good one." Lip finished.

"Oh, I can't believe you sucked me back in here for money!" Monica followed Frank out of the kitchen yelling at him when we walked inside, watching the chaos unravel while everyone just stood around watching.

"I did no such thing. But since you're in town, why don't you sign up for this little thing and I will cut you in..." Frank tried again.

"Oh, fuck you, Frank!" She screamed sitting down in frustration.

"Wait, you brought her back here?" Lip demanded answers from their father, calling the attention to the three of us standing in the doorway.

"Oh, Ian." Monica gasped happily at seeing her son. Ian pulled me past her into the kitchen coldly to help wash my hands, avoiding his mother at all costs. Monica's face faltered slightly but Ian kept his expression stern until it was just us in the kitchen.