Chapter 33

Fiona stood at the counter, counting the money from the squirrel fund. Ian sat at the table eating his breakfast when Lip walked in.

"You guys still not talking?" Fiona asked them both as they ignored each other. She gasped as a loud thud came from behind her, turning to see Carl who had dropped from the laundry shoot.

"Dude!" Lip panicked.

"Carl!" Fiona snapped.

"What the fuck?" Ian looked over.

"Holy crap, why have I never done that before?" Carl asked happily.

"You have too much time on your hands. Summer school next year. How's your head?" Fiona checked him over for any injury.

"Little dizzy." He claimed.

"You're fine. Go have some breakfast." She pushed him towards the table.

"How much we looking at in the winter-squirrel fund?" Lip asked his sister while grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Just over nine grand."

"That's all we made to get us through the entire winter?" Ian worried.

"Frank screwed us when he gave Liam away. And there was that new compressor for the fridge." Fiona listed.

"And that stuff for Liam's ear infection, mwah!" Lip kissed his youngest brother on the head.

"Everyone needs to get winter jobs. Debs, get down here. Breakfast." Fiona called upstairs.

"I'll be right there." She called back.

"Where's Megan?" Fiona asked when she noticed I wasn't there yet.

"Mickey won't let her come over anymore since she got hurt at the baby shower" Ian explained.

"Morning Gallaghers!" I called out, walking in through the back door with a slight limp.

"Thought you weren't allowed over" Ian commented with amusement as I grabbed myself a bowl of cereal. "And did you walk all the way here?"

"Mickey will be sleeping all afternoon" I shrugged back. "And yes" I nodded at his second question.

"School supplies and clothing, nothing else. No candy, drugs, beer, or concert tickets. And I want receipts." Fiona pointed, handing everyone some money. "You need anything?" She looked to me.

"No, I've saved up some back to school money from work" I answered with a simple shake of my head.

"What if the drugs are really good?" Jasmine asked, stepping out of the bathroom. I twisted around in my chair at the new voice in the room, confused as to why she was here.

"You're still here?" Fiona asked back.

"I got caught up reading a magazine." She held it up with a simple shrug.

"Hey, that's mine." Debbie snatched it back from her hands.

"Debs, I need you to find the backpacks and any old school books. Carl, put the day care supplies back in the basement." Fiona started to order out.

"Okay." Debbie replied, taking her seat at the table.

"Roger that." Carl nodded.

"What's my job?" I asked eagerly, bored of sitting around resting my leg the past few days.

"You can help me clean through old notebooks and rest your leg like Vee instructed" She told me, knowing I didn't want to rest my leg anymore.

"You got it" I agreed just glad to have some busy work.