Chapter 12

I was running down the street when I crashed into someone, both of us falling to the ground together.

"No! Don't- don't touch me!" I screamed, flinching away quickly, scrambling to my feet in the dark street light. Ian looked up to recognize me, watching my eyes flash around wildly with my breathing fast and shallow and my whole body trembling with fear.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Megan" Ian said gently, letting me hear his voice. Taking me by the hand Ian held it firmly, allowing me to calm down. Our eyes met and Ian continued, assuming it was just another bad foster home. "Listen to me. You're safe and they aren't going to hurt you again. I'm here now. Trust me, I won't let anyone hurt you" Ian almost expected me to yank my hand away in my panic but I didn't instead I relaxed a little, tears forming in my eyes as I let out a breath.

"I-"

"it's okay" Ian said smiling and pulling me into a hug that I didn't resist "It's okay, I'm here" Ian held me close, allowing me some time to calm down completely before walking me back to his place for the night, staying with my on the couch all night to make sure I was okay.

~~~

"Hey, can you sign in for me at detention today? Mrs. Pinder won't notice. She's almost blind." Ian asked as we walked to school together for the day from his house.

"You ditchin'?" I asked in a teasing tone.

"Kash has something planned." Ian claimed as my smile faltered slightly.

"I thought that was last night." I thought back to how they had me cover the store last night on my own.

"Was supposed to be, but he took me to his place, and it sort of freaked me out. I mean, I always knew he had a wife and a life and everything, but seeing it and... and smelling it... I mean, his life actually has an odor." Ian explains his troubles to me.

"Hey, Ian, I'll cover for you but I do not need all the details" I reminded with a shiver.

"Yeah, right, thanks" Ian quickly kissed my cheek before running off to class, leaving me standing outside of the school in confusion by the sudden act.

~~~

"Hey, Gallaghers!" I ran into the house quickly.

"Why aren't you ready?" Fiona panicked when she saw how I looked.

"I had to go to detention today, then I had to work and I had no time to get ready" I rushed out my explanation quickly.

"Come with me" She grabbed my hand, dragging me up to her room to get ready. I got changed into my dress that I had gotten at a thrift store a day prior, Fiona styling my hair for me. Fiona went to help Debbie while I walked downstairs to meet up with the boys who were waiting in the kitchen.

"Wow, you look nice when you try," Lip commented, looking at my outfit. "Right, Ian?" He nudged his brother who was simply staring.

"Yeah, you look great" Ian said.

"Alright, I'm going to get Karen, I'll see you two at the wedding" Lip waved on his way out, Fiona coming down with Debbie and Carl.

"You need a date?" Carl asked with a smirk, holding out his hand.

"Not a chance" I ruffled up his hair and nudged him away.

"Alright Gallaghers, lets go" Fiona ordered out, pointing to the door with a happy smile.

~~~

"May daily problems never cause you undue anxiety, nor the desire for earthly possessions dominate your lives, but may your hearts' first desire be always the good things waiting for you in the life of heaven. Amen." The priest spoke out in the bar, all of us watching from the side as Kevin and Veronica stood in the front.