I "can't" love you back/Chapter 30

His eyes looked a bit blurry after hearing all these words coming from Kazuha. He couldn't understand how someone was liking him that much, he had no good qualities at all and yet Kazuha was able to love him despite all these flaws.
Then suddenly, Scara realized something that made him feel like he had to ask Kazuha a question....
______________

"If... you're ready to be with me... even knowing that I... can't love you back..."
He had tried to find words to say what he really had to say.
"Would... you still want to be with me?"

"I would, I totally would! I love you Scaramouche, and I don't care if you can't love me back."

Even though he didn't have any romantic feelings for Kazuha, he felt a bit sad after hearing that answer. Kazuha was ready to stay with him knowing that he would never reciprocate such feelings.
Then he had a thought.
"Why do you want to stay with me knowing that I won't love you back?"
He needed to ask this now, he wanted to hear from Kazuha's mouth why he wanted to stay with him even if Scara didn't love him.

"Because I don't need you to feel the same for me, as long as I can make you happy...I would do anything."
Kazuha smiled, he tried to hold his tears back because he knew Scara doesn't feel the same.

He knew that Kazuha was serious with his words and that he really would stay with him as long as he was able to make him happy.
However, he wasn't still feeling comfortable with that answer.
"But... what about you? Would you be happy knowing that I don't love you back?"
He wanted Kazuha to know that it wasn't fair that Kazuha got stuck in a relationship where he was giving everything and getting nothing in return.
"Don't you feel sad... about it?"

"I do, but what matters to me is your happiness." Kazuha smiled.

He was starting to feel very sad now, he knew that Kazuha was just being generous and selfless by giving everything just to make him happy, but this wasn't fair at all for Kazuha.
That's why he tried to stop Kazuha, it was too much for him to handle.
"No, no. I can't accept your love."
He sounded very sad now, he wanted to protect Kazuha from getting hurt.
"You can't love me, that's a mistake, I..."
He was feeling really bad now.

"It's not a mistake... I know you're a puppet, but..I still have feelings for you, it might be wrong but I can't help it.."
Kazuha sighed.
"You know what, I'll just keep decorating this Festival, forget that this happened."

Then, he looked a bit disappointed with Kazuha's answer.
"No, stop, wait."
He made a little pause.
"I said that it was impossible, but... "
He was getting emotional now with this conversation.
"If I... had emotions... if I could love, I would love you back."
He was feeling a bit nervous now, he wasn't saying this just because he wanted to please Kazuha for the moment.
"You... you deserve more. I can't accept only your side of the relationship."

Kazuha smiled at Scaramouche, he was happy.
"It's good to know that you would love me back." Kazuha smiled again.

He was feeling a bit emotional now, he felt like Kazuha deserved more.
"If only I had feelings, if only I had feelings I would never leave your side."
He was looking at Kazuha, he seemed a bit confused about how Kazuha had received his confession.
"Am I... important to you?"
The fact that Kazuha was still trying to stay by his side made him feel a little bit touched.
"You don't mind... if I don't love you back?"
This was sounding too good to be true now.

"I don't mind, as long as we can keep talking to each other it's all I need."
Kazuha was happy to know that Scara would've love him if he wasn't a puppet...