Chapter 74 - Formation of The Make-Up Work Club

Start from the beginning

"Looking forward to it, Hifumi." I say, smiling.

"I'm glad you're here. I don't know what I'd do otherwise..." Hifumi admits. "Oh, have you met the other Make Up Work Club members?"

"No, haven't seen the other three at all." I say.

"Let's go meet them, then. We'll have our hands full with teaching and coming up with a plan to prevent them from failing." She suggests.

"You know where they're at?" I ask.

"One of them should be at the Justice Task Force's building. We might have to ask around for the others." She explains.

"Alright, then. Lead the way." I say, not knowing where the main building for the JTF is.

—————

After following the blonde for a while, we eventually make it to the JTF's HQ.

"Oh, no. I never like having to come here." She groans.

I stop myself for asking why she'd be sent here often enough to not like it...

"Where is everyone?" I ask, not seeing anyone inside.

"Hello...? Is anyone here?" Hifumi calls out.

From around the corner, a small and rather cute girl appears. I idly notice her as the pink haired girl I saw when I was out with Suzumi recently.

Sure enough, she has pastel pink hair done in low pigtails, her bangs framing her face and identically colored eyes. She wears a black beret in her head and has dark grey wings coming out from underneath. On her torso is an oversized, black hoodie, worn loosely causing one of her shoulders to be revealed. She also has a reddish-black choker along with a vertical part which goes from her chin to under her top. She also has on a dark pink skirt and has a black bag swung over one shoulder, next to two dark grey wings coming from her back. She has on tall, baggy, white leg warmers and black dress shoes. She carries a sniper rifle hidden in a black covering. Her halo is comprised of two pink rings- the larger and outermost having four 'wings' protruding from it.

The pinkette stares at Hifumi, nervously eyeing the taller girl.

"H-Hello." Hifumi greets awkwardly.

"What?" The pinkette asks in a cute voice.

"W-Well, I'm... uh..." Hifumi stutters.

The shorter girl remains silent, not really looking at Hifumi.

Sighing, I speak up. "Are you shy?" I ask the short girl.

"Wh-Who are you calling shy?!" The pinkette squeaks in a loud voice. "I'm just wary of strangers!"

"Fair point." I agree.

"What brings you to the Justice Task Force?" She asks, face red.

"U-Um, we're here to find someone." The blonde explains.

"What?! You think it's the Justice Task Force's job to find missing people?" The pinkette shouts. "This isn't the place for that. We don't do volunteer work." She says, closing in on Hifumi, who raises her hands in surrender.

"Th-That's not what I meant!" The blonde says, quickly. "We heard the person we're looking for is being detained here."

"You never mentioned she was being detained, Hifumi." I point out.

The Peroro fan awkwardly chuckles.

"They're locked up?" The short girl asks.

"For what?" I ask, a bit worried. I looked into the four girl's profiles, thanks to Arona's help, so there's only one I can figure is here.