Final chapter: One of the Gifted

Without hesitation, both Camilo and I bolted towards the source of the commotion. Our eyes widened as we recognized the young child that was causing the stir.

"Alonso?" Camilo asked, pushing past people to get to the child.

It was one of the children we had been working with through our organization, a bright and curious soul who had recently discovered their gift. Alonso's parents had mysteriously vanished several months before Camilo and I had found him. In his solitude, he was given a miracle and developed a gift of his own – the gift of teleportation. We were helping him both develop his gift and find his parents.

As we approached, our faces a mix of confusion and determination, Alonso's eyes met ours, recognizing the familiar faces, shrouded in tears.

"How did I get here?!" Alonso screamed.

"It's okay, it's okay" I began to say "You're alright."

"I can't-!" Alonso exclaimed before his gift activated.

He was gone again but I knew that he couldn't have traveled far. Alonso's gift was difficult for him to control, seeming to only ever inconvenience him. It wouldn't work when he wanted it to, only ever seeming to activate when he didn't want it to or when he was stressed or scared.

I could still hear him. The restlessly teleporting child, overwhelmed by stress and fear, unable to control his powers. Every creak and shadow seemed to taunt me, fueling my determination to find the child and offer solace amidst the chaos.

'How did he even get here?' I thought as I opened each door in Casita 'He's never gotten this far with his gift before...'

With everyone at the party worriedly searching for Alonso, it wasn't long before he was found. In the dim light of the nursery, one of the townspeople had found him huddled in a corner, tears streaming down his face. He refused to move from that place until Camilo and I came to get him.

In the rare times that Alonso was able to use his gift willingly, with a clear mind and goal, a soothing blue light emanated from him before he disappeared and appeared somewhere else. But for the most part, that soothing glow was replaced by frantic explosions of blue light.

Vibrant pops of blue light burst forth, illuminating the space. The room would momentarily bathe in a captivating blue glow, casting dancing shadows on the walls before fading away. These luminous manifestations were a symbol of Alonso's inner struggle and a reminder of how untamed his power was.

Camilo knelt beside him, his touch empathetic.

"Hey..." Camilo said softly, his voice gentle and reassuring "Hey, look at me."

Alonso looked up at him, his breath still frantic, Camilo's voice seemed to cut through his anxiety.

"I can't- I'm so sorry!" Alonso began, speaking through sobs "Why- Why won't it stop?! I just-"

"No, Alonso, please listen to me" Camilo said, his voice stern "You are alright, you just need to brea-"

"I'm not! It's all my fault! I ruined a party- I-" Alonso continued, interrupting Camilo.

"Alonso!" Camilo yelled, putting his hands on either of Alonso's shoulders.

The action seemed to stabilize him. Tears were still streaming from his face but he was staring wide eyed at Camilo instead of sobbing uncontrollably.

"I need you to calm down and stop this, okay?" Camilo asked, his voice softer now "It's difficult, believe me, I know. But you have to calm down, okay?"

Alonso nodded, his breathing still erratic.

I sat on the bed as I let Camilo handle the situation. Camilo had come a long way from who he was as a teenager. He wasn't the person having these episodes anymore, instead he was the person helping others through them.

🎉 Du hast °•.˜"*°•𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓭 •°*"˜.•° (C. Madrigal X Reader) fertig gelesen 🎉