Chapter thirty one: Their goodbyes

The person who had opened the door was Dolores. She winced and her hands shot up to cover her ears for a moment when the door hit the wall.

"Y/n!" Dolores exclaimed.

She then moved her hands to cover her ears again.

"Y/N IS AWAKE!!!" she then screamed.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. Camilo quickly wiped his tears before the rest of his family and mine could walk into the room.

"Y/n!" my mother said, her hand over her mouth.

She and my father then ran up to me and hugged me, nearly suffocating me.

"Hola mama, hello papa" I said, weakly.

They let go of me and I saw Miguel, Marcos, Adelita and Adriana all sliding towards the doorway from different directions. They nearly knocked into one another which made me laugh. Miguel ran up to me first and grabbed my face by my cheeks. My mother tried to get him to stop but he held my head up anyway.

"Are you okay? Can you see me? Can you talk?" Miguel asked, his voice slightly trembling.

"I am fine, I can see you and I can clearly talk" I said before coughing "Please let go, Miguel"

He carefully let go of my face and I could see that he was fighting back tears. I don't think Miguel would ever let go of his pride enough to let me see him cry. Oh well, it was sweet that he was trying to make sure that I was okay.

Adelita and Adriana both came up to me together. I think that was the first time that Adriana had a worried look on her face but wasn't surrounded my portals.

"You're...okay now right?" Adriana asked, studying my face closely.

"Mhm, I'm alright" I assured her, to which she nodded.

"How's the wound?" Adelita asked.

"Nearly gone thanks to Julieta's gift and Camilo feeding me" I said, glancing at Camilo.

Adelita smiled and sat on the bed next to me. Then I saw Marcos standing at the door way.

"You aren't gonna say hi to me, Marcos?" I joked.

He immedietly started bawling, hot tears streaming from his face. He ran towards me and jumped onto the bed in a dangerous way that caused my mother to worry. He flopped on top of me.

"I missed you so much!" he said, sobbing while looking up at me.

"Marcos! Get off of them, they're still healing!" my father whisper-shouted at Marcos.

Marcos got off of me with a quiet apology and wiped the snot from his nose. He then cuddled with me on the opposite side of where Adelita was sitting, still slightly crying.

Pepa, Felix and Antonio then came in and gasped when they saw me awake.

"Ay, thank goodness! We were all so worried about you, y/n!" Pepa said, her hand over her heart.

"Yes, especially Camilo" Dolores said, her tone makeing me unsure whether or ot she was teasing him or being genuine.

I smiled a cheeky smile and turned to look at Camilo, who was fiddling with his ruana. The ruana that I haven't seen in quite some time.

"You were worried about me?" I asked, an almost evil grin on my face.

Camilo looked at me, his eyes wide and clutching his ruana tight.

"I uh...Well, yeah! We uhm, we all were!" Camilo said, nervously "I was just nice enough to feed you and talk to you sometimes..."

I smiled at the confirmation that it really was him the whole time, my mind was just too foggy to see it.

"Thank you for that, Camilo" I said, genuinely.

He smiled at me with that gorgeous smile that I haven't seen in what seems like forever.

Then Mirabel came in, nearly tripping but Casita helped to steady her. She dusted off her dress. Then she fixed her glasses and smiled at me.

"Glad to see that you're back" Mirabel said, softly.

"I never left!" I replied, cheerfully, which caused Mirabel to laugh for a moment.

"You're right" she said.

Then, the rest of Mirabel's side of the family came rushing in.

"You! You're finally awake!" Isabella said, fixing her hair and panting.

She must've came from somewhere in town, her hair was messier than usual.

"We were helping a few kids in town when someone came up to us and told us that they heard Dolores say that you were awake" Luisa explained "Welcome back!"

I smiled at the two of them then turned my attention to Julieta.

"Senora Julieta, thank you so much for all of the healing food that you made for me" I said "It's because of your gift that I've nearly fully recovered."

"Of course, y/n!" she said "There's no need to thank me, you're practically part of the family now!"

The other Madrigals nodded or smiled in agreement. It felt good to be accepted by them.

Then Bruno came into the room, throwing salt or sugar behind him as he walked awkwardly throught the door.

"Hey kid..." he began "Sorry I couldn't really see this coming, could've been more helpful, y'know?"

I shook my head and smiled.

"That's not your fault, Senor Bruno" I said "It's not your job to see everything ahead, life will always be surprise you somehow."

He smiled at me and nodded.

"Uh, maybe you guys should leave now?" Antonio said, standing at the door frame with a toucan on his shoulder "You guys just look a little...squished."

Most of the people in the room left, each saying their goodbyes to me as they did. Antonio smiled and nodded at me before closing the door, leaving me alone in the room again with Camilo.

------

Idk if you guys even noticed this but chapters that I made today have names that make it seem like Y/n dies or smth lmao.

Don't worry, there's tons more to come.

I hope at least some of you got a little spook from that.

Okay, I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

-Kolour