Chapter ninety five: Best days

We made it to Camilo's door and he opened the door quickly before pulling me towards his bed. He let go of my hand and he flopped onto his bed, face first into the bedsheets.

"Camilo, you should take off some of the accessories on your outfit" I said, unclipping the cape from my vest.

"Right," Camilo agreed, taking off his yellow blazer and throwing it over my head "Hang this up for me!"

I picked up his blazer and threw it back at him, causing him to yelp.

"Ay!" Camilo screeched "That's rude!"

I laughed a little bit before gently pulling the blazer off of his face. I positioned him softly so that he was sitting up, his back resting on the plush pillows on his bed. He stayed mostly still and moved where I told him to, which I appreciated. Slowly, I let myself lie on top of him, making sure to be careful so I didn't hurt him under my weight. I rested my head comfortably on his chest, sighing as I did.

Camilo was nervous and didn't really know what to do with himself, at the moment, he was acting as more of a pillow than a person that I was cuddling with. I didn't blame him of course, the last time we cuddled, I was the one in his position. His arms carefully snaked around my waist and his hands rested on my back.

I squeezed him softly in a response. He chuckled softly above me and hugged me back.

"I love this" Camilo sighed, his eyes slightly hazy "I love you."

"I love you too, Camilo," I said hesitantly, earning me a satisfied hum from Camilo.

The hesitation came from the realization that I was actually allowed to say that to him without it being weird. It's not that I wasn't sure whether or not I loved him, I had a shocking epiphany during the party.

'Shit, the party' I thought.

I pushed myself off of Camilo's chest slightly so that I could look him in the eye.

"Huh?" Camilo said "Y/n, is something wrong?"

"Our friends..." I muttered "We left them at the party!"

"With Hugo..." Camilo replied softly.

"Should we go back and check on them?" I asked, the worried tone in my voice extremely obvious.

"The party's probably already over by now" Camilo answered "Everyone's already home by now. Besides, a bunch of mi familia (my family) were at the party, I'm sure they took care of...Hugo."

I hesitantly let myself lie back on top of Camilo.

"Are you sure?" I repeated.

"Of course!" Camilo replied cheerfully "I'm sure everyone will be back here soon."

Just then, we heard the rumble of many footsteps from outside. People were entering the house. I groaned as I sat up and hopped off of the bed. I opened Camilo's door and peered over the railing to see Dolores whispering to Mirabel and Isabela while Miguel and Adriana waved up towards me. I waved back before watching them move towards Mirabel and Isabela and joining them in giggling at whatever Dolores was talking about.

"Yo, Y/n!" Miguel called from downstairs "If you and Camilo are done cuddling and shit, you can join us for some late dinner!"

I sighed before making my way back to Camilo's bed, where the shapeshifter himself was sitting patiently.

"What's going on?" Camilo asked as I sat on the edge of his bed.

"I'm pretty sure Dolores is catching everyone up on us," I replied.