Chapter fourteen: I see me

Camilo and I were next to each other for almost the whole day. After he washed his face and stuff, we just relaxed in my room together. I had turned my room into a few different places. The room shifted into whatever I wanted but it was more of an illusion than anything. Sure, you could touch the walls of the place and stuff but if I turned into say, an ice cream shoppe, I wouldn't be able to actually eat the ice cream.

I had just shifted my room back into it's normal form. Camilo and I were giggling on the ground.

"Your room is actually so cool, y/n!" Camilo exclaimed.

"You know, this room actually helped me a lot with the identity thing" I said.

"Really? How?" Camilo asked, sitting up.

"Well, the room always reverts back into this normal state, right?" I explained "And even when it transforms, it leaves certain things that I've done with it."

"What?" he asked chuckling.

"I'll just show you" I said, waving my hand.

The room changed into a stage, suddenly, Camilo and I were in audience seats. I scooted in between the seats and made it towards the isle. I gestured to Camilo to follow me. Eventually, we were behind the curtain of the stage. Then I went to the corner of the stage area and I pointed a something small written on the ground.

It was my signature.

"I wrote this on the floor of my room in it's normal state" I explained "And now, even after I change the room into something else, it stayed on the ground, somewhere."

He traced the signature on the ground.

"I don't know why but I took it as a sign that whoever I transform into, I will always, somehow..." I said "Be me."

Camilo looked up at me, a soft smile on his face. I stared at that smile for a bit. His lips looked so soft, I almost wanted to kiss them. Wait, what?

I waved my hand and the room went back to it's normal state.

"I have a feeling that these rooms that come with the gifts are meant to help us with issues like that" I said "Maybe not, it's just a hunch."

Then, he took my hand and yanked me out of my room. We began running down the hallway.

"Cami-Camilo! Where are we going?!" I yelled at him.

Isabella and Mirabel gave us odd looks when we passed them. We nearly bumped into Miguel and Adriana. I noticed Antonio's door open, seeing Marcos playing with the jaguar inside as we ran.

Finally, we stopped in front of Camilo's room.

"Owww!" I said, rubbing my sore shoulder "You could've just told me you wanted to hang out in your room!"

"That's no fun!" Camilo said, smiling at me brightly, ugh how do you even stay mad at that?

He opened the door and walked inside. He was right, there were mirrors everywhere. Mirrors along the walls, over his bed in the middle, even some of the floor tiles were made of mirror glass...

The room itself was beautiful though. It almost looked like the inside of some sort of palace. I was staring at it from the door frame.

The tiles that weren't made of mirror glass were made of expensive looking marble. There were huge, arched windows with gold and marble frames. There were white marble columns that touched the high ceiling. The ceiling itself had renessiance style paintings of the madrigal family in them as well as some other townspeople in Encanto. Gorgeous glass and mirror candle chandeliers hung from the painted ceiling, the sunlight hit them in a way that made it reflect light onto some of the other mirrors.

"Hey, I wanna show you something" Camilo's voice interuppting my thoughts on the gorgeous room.

He then gestured for me to come over to the middle of the room with him. I closed the door then walked towards him. He looked at himself in the mirror, doing a cute little twirl in front of it and smiling.

"It's been a while since I smiled at my reflection" he said softly.

"Is that all you wanted to show me?" I asked, genuinely.

"No, watch" he exclaimed.

He did another spin, this time shapeshifting into me. He smirked at me with my own face. It didn't look that bad. Or maybe Camilo just made it look good, even as me. He looked to the mirror again and I did too. I was shocked with what I saw.

I saw Camilo.

Not as me, I just saw Camilo. All of the mirrors showed Camilo. He was looking back at himself.

"No matter who I shapeshift into" he said, turning into Ms. Pezmuerto "These magical mirrors show Camilo."

"No" I said.

He turned to me, changing back into himself.

"They show yourself" I said, smiling.

"Yeah, I...I guess you're right" he replied, staring at his reflection "I see me."

"Do you...Like what you see?" I asked.

He smiled at his reflection.

"You know?" he replied "I really do. For the first time in a while, I do."