Chapter sixty one: Just in time

I couldn't see Camilo looking down at us from the roof anymore. A few minutes later, Camilo burst out of Mirabel's room. He ran down the stairs and his sandals skidded against the floor before he stopped right in front of me.

He steadied himself and dusted off his ruana. Then he cleared his throat and put his hands behind his back, somewhat resembling a butler. He reached his hand out towards me.

"Shall we?" Camilo asked.

I giggled a bit before taking his hand.

"Let's" I replied.

Camilo let out a chuckle. Then he began to yank me all the way to Mirabel's room. He opened the door and led me through the flower meadow made of yarn. Mirabel's room always left me breathless. It was like a grassy meadow filled with butterflies and flowers but everything was made of yarn and fabric.

Camilo led me to the window where our magical flower was. Camilo stepped onto the window ledge. I did what he did.

"Be careful, you're already pretty badly injured..." Camilo said, glancing at where the bandages were underneath my clothes.

"Camilo, I'm doing fine now, I eat Julieta's healing food everyday for every meal and snacks" I assured him.

Camilo smiled at me and nodded. We made our way to the roof of the second story. I felt the tiles underneath me shake and I lost my balance. Luckily, Camilo steadied me.

"Don't worry, that's just Casita" Camilo told me "Casita, a little help? We need to get to the roof of Mirabel's room."

The tiles lifted and formed stairs underneath our feet, slowly carrying us up to the roof over Mirabel's room. Casita used the roof tiles to gently let us onto the roof before slowly turning back to how they were before.

"I thought only Mirabel could do that," I said.

"Usually, that's true but sometimes, Casita will grant favours for me" Camilo explained "If I ask nicely, of course."

Then I spotted Adelita, fumbling with the fireworks. She dropped one of them and caught it just barely before it rolled off of the roof.

"Y/n! Camilo!" Adelita exclaimed "Great, you guys can help me set these up!"

"You've been struggling with these all day, huh?" I asked.

"Ugh, I know! But I don't know how to make them stay standing at the angle that I need them to be at!" Adelita whined.

Adelita groaned when she dropped a few fireworks and they ended up actually rolling off of the roof.

"I'll go get them, one second" Adelita told us before sprouting her wings and jumping off the roof.

Camilo let out a chuckle. He knelt down and picked up the fireworks that were left on the roof. He positioned them at the perfect angle and held them there with both of his hands.

"Hey, Casita" Camilo whispered "Can you find a way to keep these fireworks at this angle?"

Casita made the roof tiles jiggle a little bit, which I assumed was Casita's way of saying "Sure." Then the roof tiles shifted underneath the fireworks so when Camilo let go of them, they leaned on the tiles and stayed in the same position.

"Thank you, Casita," Camilo whispered before standing up again.

Adelita flew above us, the shadow of her wings covering the both of us. She landed gracefully on the roof, right next to me. Then she closed her eyes and her wings disappeared.

"Are you kidding me?!" Adelita yelled when she opened her eyes "I could've just asked Casita to keep them like that and it would've just been like 'sure, whatever you say!?'"

Camilo laughed and shook his head.

"No, it wouldn't have worked for you" Camilo said "While I was taking care of Y/n when they were in a coma, I spent a lot of time in the nursery. I think that helped me bond with Casita, now it grants me little favours."

The tiles jiggled again.

"Ugh, I got an entire shade darker because I was tanning in the hot sun while I was trying to figure out what to do with the fireworks" Adelita whined "And you fix the whole problem in like five minutes...great."

Camilo and I giggled at her frustration. Adelita face-palmed and groaned.

"I'm gonna go get some pastries..." Adelita said, sprouting her wings again before gracefully descending to the ground floor.

"C'mon, let's get down from here" Camilo said "Casita?"

The tiles formed stairs underneath our feet again and Casita carefully dropped the two of us at the window of Mirabel's room. Camilo tripped and fell into the soft floor of Mirabel's room. I choked back my laughter. Camilo noticed.

"It's not funny," Camilo said.

"Sure, whatever you say, Cami," I replied, sarcastically.

Camilo stood up and took my hand. The two of us stepped out of Mirabel's room to see Mirabel standing just in front of the door.

"Oh!" Mirabel exclaimed "I was just about to check on you two, I couldn't see whether or not you guys were on the roof."

"We're fine, prima" Camilo said, casually.

Mirabel glanced at our joined hands and shot me another cheeky look.

"Well, perfect timing" Mirabel said "The sun is starting to set and people are starting to walk up to Casita!"

"Oh right, we have to greet people as they come in!" I exclaimed.

"We better hurry then!" Camilo replied.

He yanked my arm harshly and the two of us ran downstairs just in time to greet the first family.

-----

Ya'll should follow me. That is all.

-Kolour