Chapter eighty five: Help me

Mirabel and I were only a few steps away from Casita when I heard someone call my name.

"Y/n!" someone called "Wait for us you- Ugh!"

I turned around to see Miguel and Adriana running towards us. Adriana's dress was gorgeous. It was sleeveless and mostly the colour byzantium and went down to just above her knees. The hem of the dress was lined with intricate black lace that trailed upwards towards her waist. There were dark violet fake flowers where the dress cinched her waist.

Her hair was done up too. It was put into a low ponytail that hung over her shoulder. The low ponytail showed off the magenta streaks in her hair.

"Damn, Adriana" I said "Your novia would start drooling if she saw you."

"Yeah, I know," Adriana replied, slyly.

"Wow, no compliments for me, Y/n?" Miguel asked.

Miguel was wearing a loose, black, button up blouse that he had tucked into red, boot cut pants. The blouse had a faint flower pattern printed onto it. Over the blouse, he wore a red blazer that I think was made out of red velvet. He was wearing black dress shoes and red stud earrings. His hair was slicked back which was a rare sight since he usually let his hair fall in front of his face to give off emo vibes.

"You look good, Miguel," I replied.

"That means nothing since I had to tell you" Miguel said, rolling his eyes.

I rolled my eyes back at him. Then I noticed that they both had flowers on their heads. Adriana had a purple columbine in her hair and Miguel had a rose tucked behind his ears.

"What's with the flowers?" Mirabel asked, pointing to the rose in Miguel's hair "Doesn't that thing have thorns?"

"Oh, right," Miguel said.

He pulled at his blazer and pulled two flowers from the inside pocket. A yellow primrose and a white gardenia. He gave the primrose to Mirabel and the gardenia to me.

"They're gifts from Isabela," Miguel explained. "Wear them or she'll kill me..."

I laughed a bit as I tucked the gardenia behind my left ear. Mirabel took off her glasses and tied the primrose to them before putting the glasses back on. The gardenia matched my outfit well since the clay flowers on my earrings were actually made to look like white gardenias. Mirabel's primrose matched her outfit too since the patterns that she stitched onto her sleeves were mostly yellow flowers and yellow butterflies.

"Oh, there's one more in here for the shapeshifter" Miguel said, pulling another flower from his pocket "Where is he anyway?"

"He's probably already at school" Mirabel answered "We should be too, actually."

"Yup, let's go," Miguel said as he began to walk forward.

"Hey Miguel, how are you going to enjoy yourself with half the school chasing you?" I asked, nudging him in the shoulder.

"Don't worry about that" Miguel assured me "We have a plan."

"Yeah, 'Operation mass heartbreak!'" Adriana exclaimed.

"Do you mind filling Y/n and I in on this plan of yours?" Mirabel asked as she fixed her glasses.

"You'll seeee!" Adriana replied in a sing-songy tone.

The four of us made our way towards the school. Miguel sighed in relief when he saw that there weren't any people hanging out in front of the school. I knew that if there were any people hanging out in front of the school, Miguel would've been stampeded by now.

All of us walked down the main hallway, past the music room and then in front of the gym doors. Principal Aragonez was standing in front of the gym's closed doors.

"Hm, the Madrigals and the L/n's both here at the same time" he noted "Both terribly late."

"Yeah, uh...No we aren't?" Adriana said.

Mirabel whipped her head around to look at Adriana, her eyes blown wide and an expression on her face that read "Why did you just say that?" Principal Aragonez looked at his watch before looking back down at us, his face unchanged.

"Tickets" he stated.

All of us pulled out our tickets and handed them to him. He inspected them one by one before moving to the side and opening the heavy gym doors for us. The gym was filled to the brim with teenagers and the horrible stench of the gym. Everyone looked great, everyone had gone all out with their outfits although nobody was wearing their masks yet. Probably because we weren't at the actual place where the dance was supposed to take place yet.

The minute we walked into the gym, I heard squeals from girls and guys and everything in between. I turned to Miguel and he stared back at me, his eyes wide.

"Help me" he mouthed.