Chapter twenty five: Guests to greet

Me and Camilo realized that neither of us had dressed up for the party and according to Pepa, people were already walking up to the door! I realized I didn't have time to change so I did the next best thing. I looked at Camilo and chose him as my target, then transformed into Pepa.

Then I did something I had only been able to do three times before. I transformed back into myself but kept the dress of the person I had turned into. This was difficult to do because of the fact that I had to keep my body in a state that wasn't fully mine. It took a lot of concentration.

Camilo took off his ruana and was taking off his shirt when he noticed what I did.

"Woah! How did you do that?! That looks so time saving!" he exclaimed, taking off his shirt.

I immedietly turned away, it's rude to watch someone changing.

"Wait, can I do that?" he asked before getting quiet for a moment.

I whipped my head around when I heard a loud thud behind me. I saw Camilo on the ground, still very much shirtless, and rubbing the back of his head.

"Are you okay?" I asked, laughing slightly as I helped him up.

"I'm fine, mi vida (my life)" he replied, getting up.

"Mi vida?" I asked.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to call you that..." he replied.

I laughed and smiled at him, showing him that I didn't mind.

"How did you end up on the ground? Did you fall or something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was trying to do what you did and I spun and uh..." he said, trailing off.

I laughed and grabbed his shoulders with both of my hands.

"This is a really difficult trick that even I have yet to master and I have no idea if it will even work for you" I said "We can practice after you change, if we aren't down there soon your mother will cause a hurricane!"

He laughed and grabbed a black collared shirt and put it on. Then I realized I was technically watching him change. I turned away, flustered.

"Ah, right, you're changing" I said "I'll let you get dressed, meet me downstairs when you're ready."

He said nothing as I left his room. Outside, I saw Pepa going upstairs.

"Oh! Y/n, thank goodness, I thought I was going to have to yell at Camilo to get him to greet the guests" Pepa said "Um, y/n, are you wearing my dress?"

"Huh?" I said, looking down at what I was wearing "Oh! No, I'm not actually wearing this, it's just a shapeshifting trick!"

"Oh, that's strange, I've never heard of it and my son is a shapeshifter!" she said smiling widely, proudly talking about her son.

Then her face got sad. She flashed me a sad smile.

"How is he, by the way?" she asked, quietly "I apologize if he didn't feel like talking to you, sometimes he just feels...lost?"

My eyes widened. I was shocked that she knew about his identity issues. Maybe she didn't quite understand them but she was aware of it's existence. Then again, she is his mother.

"Oh...No, he actually let me in, we talked about it" I said, smiling "I've been 'lost' too, not anymore but I understand what he's going through. I'm doing my best to help him."

Her eyes started to tear up. A cloud with a light drizzle appearing over her head.

'Oh no, should I not have said that?' I thought.

"You're helping him?" she asked, tears running down her cheeks and the drizzle turned into proper rain.

I nodded in response. I was nervous as to what she would say next.

"Y/n...Thank you" she said, a sad smile appearing on her face "Thank you for helping my son, when he started having those moments when he would hide in his room in the dark and scream into the mirror, we didn't know what to do but you- You're helping him and he hasn't had those horrible feelings since...since he met you."

I was touched by her words. She was thanking me for helping Camilo.

"Of course, Senora Pepa" I said "I care about Camilo and...I would do anything to help him."

She gasped and looked over my shoulder. I turned to look behind me to see what she was looking at. Then I was face to face with Camilo. Neither me nor Pepa had noticed his presence until now. He was wearing the outfit that we had put him in during the sleepover. He had a sad smile on his face, his bottom lip was quivering and he was...crying.

"Camilo, I-" I said before being interupted.

Camilo hugged me and rested his head on my shoulder, letting his tears fall onto Pepa's dress. His appearance had caught me off guard and I lost my concentration. Pepa's dress quickly changed back into my normal clothes. Now, he was crying into my shirt.

A knock was heard on the door. The guests were here. Me and Camilo were supposed to greet them. Camilo shot his head up at the first knock. He looked at me with slightly swollen eyes. I pulled a napkin from my pocket andd wiped his tears.

"Y/n, I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to cry on you! I just heard what you said and-" Camilo said before I shut him up.

"Shut it. You have guests to greet and I have to change" I said, pointing to the door.

He nodded and smiled at me. That stupidly gorgeous smile.

"By the way, you look great" I said, winking at him.

He blinked at me dumbly and got very red before running downstairs with a squeak. I thought only Dolores did that. Hm!

-----

Hey, so this story is supposed to be gender nuetral and technically it still it but the reader was put into a dress. Although, I beleive that boys can wear dresses too but if you felt uncomfy with the whole wearing a dress thing then sorry about that but I'm not changing it lmao.

-Kolour