Chapter fifty six: Try it on

It was two days after Camilo and I had that little talk about Hugo in my room. It was finally the day of Marco's gift ceremony and I woke up to the sound of Miguel's annoying voice nagging me.

"Y/n! Y/n, c'mon, up!" Miguel said "Wake up! Seriously, get up!"

"Huh?" I replied, squinting to let my eyes adjust to the light.

"We don't have to go to school today" Miguel told me "Marcos' gift ceremony is today so we're using the entirety of today to get Casita ready."

I groaned in response.

"Ugh, I will never get used to talking about our house as if it was a person..." Miguel added as he shook me "C'mon, get up! We don't have to go to school!"

"Miguel, I'm up!" I yelled, trying to get him to stop.

"Fine, but c'mon, we've got shit to do" Miguel said.

I sat up on my bed with a groan. I waved my hand and the room transformed into an indoor swimming pool, my bed was on the poolside. Miguel wasn't.

He fell into the freezing water with a yelp that was cut short when his head was submerged. Miguel then popped his head out of the water with a gasp. He turned his body and scowled at me.

"Y/N, I SWEAR TO GOD-" Miguel yelled "TELL YOUR FUCKING MAGIC ROOM TO GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I laughed and smiled at him teasingly. I stood from my bed and didn't give him a second look. I opened my wardrobe, which was also on the poolside that my room had created for me, and started looking through my options for what to wear today. I thought something practical and simple would work since we were just going to decorate Casita anyway.

"Y/N!" Miguel screamed "Y/N, IF YOU DON'T GET ME OUT NOW, I WILL DIE."

"Would that really be so bad?" I asked, not looking away from my clothing options.

"Y/N!" Miguel yelled, sternly.

"Fine, fine" I said as I waved my arm.

The room shifted back to normal and Miguel was back on solid ground. He was still soaking wet of course, which I found funny.

"MAMA!" Miguel screamed.

Miguel then stormed out the room yelling to nobody about what I had just done. Then Camilo appeared at my door as I was laying my outfit for the day on my bed. It was just a simple white button-up with some maroon pants. Camilo gave a weird look to Miguel as he huffed in frustration. Then Camilo stopped and leaned on the doorway.

"What- Why is Miguel drenched?" Camilo asked.

"I turned the room into a pool under his feet" I answered casually as I fixed my bed.

"Jeez, remind me to never make you angry while I'm in your room" Camilo said, jokingly.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Are you gonna leave and let me change, Cami?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh, yup" Camilo said "Be at the patio for breakfast!"

He turned around and walked out of the room and was about to shut the door behind him.

"I'll save you a seat next to me!" Camilo said, cheerfully, as he closed the door behind him gently.

I changed as quickly as I could so that I could hopefully get an arepa before all of them were taken. Julieta always made enough food for everyone to have some but certain people kept going in for seconds.

I slid down the stairs, which had turned into a ramp of some sort and then made my way to the patio. I looked up towards the unfinished glowing door that would soon turn into Marcos' room and spotted Adelita. I waved to Adelita, who was already setting up some fireworks on top of the house.