Chapter one hundred and ten: How did you pull this off?

It was finally the day of the date. I was obviously nervous but still excited. I mean, a date with Camilo Madrigal! A coveted prize with anyone our age. I was curious as to what Camilo might have planned for us.

Camilo had told me before that I should wear a sun hat and to bring a sweater. It confused me because the sun hat made sense, it was always sunny and hot in Encanto. But then why would I need to bring a sweater for it unless where we were going was going to be a bit chilly? The two items contrasted each other.

I listened to him though. I wore a simple off white T-shirt and some maroon shorts with calf-length, off white, knitted socks. I was also wearing some basic brown shoes that were easy to walk in just in case we needed to walk around a lot. My twine necklace and my sun hat finished the look off nicely.

Once I was ready, I opened my door to leave only to see Camilo about to knock on the door. He had a little basket of strawberries in his right hand and a single white lily wrapped around the handle of it.

"Y/n! Hey!" Camilo said nervously, retracting the hand that was about to knock "I was just gonna check on you! You do remember today is when we're...you know, right?"

"Don't worry, Cami," I assured him, "I didn't forget about it."

Camilo was wearing a ruana but it wasn't his usual yellow one, it was off white and it matched the colour of my shirt. I didn't even know that he had any other colour of ruana other than that one that he always wears. He had some brown shorts on that were probably a bit big on him. He was wearing his usual sandals and was wearing that crystal necklace that we had bought in the town square a while back. What caught my eye was the fact that Camilo had his hair tied into a low ponytail. He also had a sun hat on his head.

"Why'd you tie your hair up?" I asked "I thought you only changed up your hair for special occasions."

"Who says this isn't a special occasion?" he asked happily "Plus, my hair looks really weird with the hat on so I have to tie it up."

"Oh?" I responded.

I reached behind him quickly. I swiftly took the rubber band away from him and his hair got let loose. I snickered at what he looked like. The way that Camilo's hair was being pressed down by the hat but then going outwards just underneath it made me snicker.

"Hey!" Camilo exclaimed, reaching for the rubber band "No, my hair looks really weird! Give it back!"

"Phht-" I sputtered "Aw, don't worry Camilo, I'll give it back. We don't need you feeling insecure about your hair on our date."

"SHHHHH!" he hushed before we heard squeals coming from somewhere downstairs "Oh, damn it..."

Dolores rushed upstairs, Mirabel right behind her.

"You guys are going on a date?" Dolores whispered slyly "How am I just hearing about this?"

"Finally!" Mirabel exclaimed "Where are you gonna take them, Camilo? Are you gonna finally tell them about that secret strawberry garden you've got?"

"Y/n already knows about the secret strawberries" Dolores told Mirabel.

"Ugh! Guys!" Camilo exclaimed, putting his hair back into the little ponytail "Fine, yes! Y/n and I are going on a date but we won't be able to if you guys keep on pestering us!"

"Okay, okay, message received!" Mirabel said "You guys can go, Dolores and I will cover for you guys if you need it!"

"Go, go!" Dolores urged.

Camilo grabbed my hand without a second thought and dragged me downstairs. He let go of my hand and Casita made the tiles move in some kind of ripple effect and pushed Camilo and I out the door.

"Woah!" I exclaimed as I regained my balance.

"Yeah, Casita does that sometimes," Camilo said casually.

Camilo smiled at me and took my hand in his again.

"Let's go," Camilo said. "I've been waiting for this date long enough."

Camilo took me to the edge of town, to the place where me and my family had entered the Encanto. He pulled me into the forest and led me to the river that Camilo and I had confessed to each other by.

"You know your way through the forest now, huh?" I teased.

"I go here during my free block now" Camilo explained "This place has a lot of good memories for me."

"Me too" I said softly "Why are we going here now? Another picnic?"

"You could say that" Camilo said "And more, of course."

Camilo kept on talking about how excited he was for the date and I found it so cute to see that he was so happy just to go on a date. Just before we could walk through the curtain of vines that were right in front of the river, Camilo stopped and turned towards me.

"Okay, don't like..." Camilo said "Have a heart attack or something, okay?"

"I wasn't planning to" I replied "Why? What did you do?"

"It's nothing bad!" Camilo exclaimed "I'm just worried that it'll be scary for you or something! Isabela thought that it was scary when she first saw it."

"Why was Isabela here?" I asked.

"Well, she had to-" Camilo said before cutting himself off "You'll see."

He pulled back the curtain of vines and let me walk through. I couldn't help but gasp at what I had seen. My eyes went wide and I didn't know what to say for a while.

"Camilo" I said in shock, clutching Camilo's hand tightly "How did you pull this off?"

-----

I'm really milking this whole date thing, heh. I really do hope that you guys enjoy what I have in store for you!

Just for fun, comment your guesses for what the date is gonna be or what you think Y/n saw. Hopefully none of you guess it because I kinda want it to be a surprise!

-Kolour