Chapter Seventeen

Start bij het begin

“Aiden,” I whisper placing my hand on his cheek. “Please don’t be mad.”

“You should be mad at me. I’m mad at me.”

“I probably should be mad, but I know you didn’t do this on purpose,” I say pointing to my neck. “Don’t be mad, okay,” I plead.

He took a deep breath. “You know what I am Sah’nai and as long as you are human there are risks. I don’t want to hurt you, but I can’t stop what I am.”

“Then what are you saying?” I asked softly, my heart squeezing at what I think he was about to say.

“We have to talk,” he says placing a kiss on my forehead. “But let me clean you up first.”

            I sit there in a dazed silence as Aiden cleans and dress my wound. I hoped he didn’t want to break up with me because I couldn’t take it. I wasn’t going to let Aiden leave me, like I made him do last time. I loved him.

“You’re done,” Aiden says stepping back from between my legs with an adorable frown on his face.

“I love you Aiden,” I say out loud for the first time.

            When he just stares at me, I hop down from the counter and step closer to him.

“Aiden,” I say looking up at him, pushing my fingers through the silky smooth hair at the back of his head. “I love you,” I say again leaning up on my tip toes because he was so tall.

“I love you too,” Aiden replies, wrapping his hands around my waist, bringing me closer until there was no space between us.

“Then why aren’t you smiling?” I asked the urge to cry pushing at the back of my eyes. Why wasn’t he happy? I wasn’t mad at him for what he’d done because I knew what I was getting myself into when I agreed to take him back and be his mate. That’s what people who love each other do, and I forgave him.

            I told him as such.

“Sah’nai,” Aiden says pulling away from me. “I can’t be around you knowing that I can loose control like that. I wasn’t going to stop. My instincts took over as soon as my mouth touched your neck. I can’t be around you.”

“Then I’ll leave,” I say moving past him and to the side of his bed so that I can grab my shoes.

“Don’t do that Sah’nai,” Aiden says grabbing my arm and pushed me down onto his bed. “I didn’t mean it like that. I said we had to talk.”

“About what?” I asked getting angry.

“You’re so cute when you’re angry,” Aiden says smiling.

“Aiden!” I call out exasperated. “Why do you keep doing this?” I asked frowning.