Chapter 6: Body Changes on vacation

Mulai dari awal

"All I'm saying she's hotter than the last time I seen her." I look over at River and she's cheering for our batter. I look back over and just shake my head. I know she's pretty; she has already been pretty. I don't want to think about other boys looking at her.

A few girls walk up to the dugout. A few of them look familiar, I think they are some of my teammate's sisters. "Hey Auggie", they coo. "Uh, hey" I look over to Logan for help giving him a pointed look. "Hey ladies, what's going on?" "What hotel are you all staying at?", they ask. Logan looks at me eyebrows raise like man they are direct, "We aren't staying in a hotel our families rented a house and we are staying by the beach." "No fair, that sounds like so much fun!" she looks back at me.

"Are you all having any team parties?"

"No, it's just our families.", Logan responds back. The girls pout. "Well maybe we will hang out at the next tournament" they giggle as they walk away. "Hunt you're up!" I pop up off the bench and start to take the rest of my catcher's gear. I then grab my gloves, bat, and helmet and to the batting box. Bases are loaded, there is one out. Time to bring my boys home and win this game.

~~

The following day our families are watching River play. We are all currently sitting right behind the batter's box. She's now behind the batter's box in her catching position. The pitcher pitches the ball to the batter, the batter makes contact, and the ball is a pop fly ball up in the air. River throws off her catcher's masks and backs up to prepare for the catch. River catches the ball, and the batter is out. I know we practice this a lot when we hang out. I'm sure we will practice it sometime this week. She is one of the better female catchers I've seen at the tournaments we play at. She's good, like really good. I cup my mouth and scream, "Good job River! That's my girl!". She turns around and gives me a wide smile. I know she wants to strut around like a peacock, but she will save that for later.

River's team ends up beating the other team by five runs and just as I predicted River comes strutting out of the dug out like a dang peacock walking towards me. "Did you see that Auggie?" She's still clucking around. She wraps her arms around me wanting to give her a piggy ride. Her dad grabs her ball bag so she can jump on. "Yeah, you killed it River" "yeah I did." "Let's get something to eat, I bet you worked up an appetite." "You know me well my friend, to the concessions Captain!" She points to the building that holds all the goods.

~~

Yesterday was the last day for the tournament. Our parents invited the teams over if they were still here for a beach party. My dad is grilling hot dogs and the moms are throwing some sides together. This was not part of the itinerary, my mom must have went off script which doesn't happen often. Uncle Kendall asked me to help him stock the coolers with drinks while Logan is helping his dad set up some games. There is a volleyball net, corn hole, and a few other games for everyone to play. River comes out of the house in a loose tank that stops right above her butt cheeks. She has a farmer's tan from being out in the sun the last couple of days. She looks at me and gives me a mischievous smile. "Hey, do you and Logan want to get in the water until everyone gets here. Both Logan and I are already in our swimming trunks. She looks at both of us and then takes off towards the water, River grabs the hem of the tank and pulls it over her head. That's when I notice the area around her chest has swelled. River is wearing a blue and yellow two-piece swimsuit that really makes me notice her eyes and well- Wow, River has boobs now. When did she grow those and why do I feel a tingling sensation is my groin area? She gives me an awkward look and takes off again yelling back "last one is a rotten egg!" I shake my head and realize that I'm the rotten egg. River and Logan are on their boogie boards floating when I finally make it to them with my board. We are floating around. "Hey Riv, watch out for the jelly fish, I'd hate to have to pee on you again." She rolls her eyes at me, "I'm never going to live that down! I blame your dad and my mom they were the ones condoning that without consulting the all-knowing google."