Twenty Seven

My eyes fluttered open what felt like hours later–most likely because it fucking was–a small smile creeping on my lips when I realized that my head was resting on a pillow and the soft plaid blanket was draped over me up to my chin, the smell of Austin's cologne still sticking to the fibers. I pulled it up to my nose taking in a deep breath, my eyes falling closed as I inhaled the warm scent of leather mixed with just a bit of sage and a woodsy smell that I couldn't quite place but I was okay with that. It was him, and that was all that mattered. I smiled as I snuggled more into the blankets, letting myself get enveloped in the decadent ambered leather scent before letting my eyes look around the room.

There were several things that were done around the room that made me feel like I was out for more than just a few hours. For one thing, the TV was paused right in the middle of my favorite scene of The Year Without A Santa Claus... a huge hint that I had fallen asleep not long after we got settled under the blanket and finally found the strength to break away from each other's lips. I'm sure that he got a good laugh when he looked over to see me sleeping. He always made fun of me for being able to fall asleep at a moment's notice and always having to finish movies on his own. The second was the crackling of the fireplace—which wasn't lit earlier, we were doing a fine job keeping the room warm—that was throwing off its comfortable heat, the light from the dancing flames cascading the dim room with a warm ambient glow.

I sat myself up on the couch stretching my hands over my head letting out a small groan, a small chuckle leaving my lips as a vision of Austin sitting next to me telling me that we groan when we stretch because it's our muscles telling us thank you played in my head. I shook my head as I pulled my knees up to my chest wrapping my arms around them and the soft blanket before resting my chin on the top of my knees. I let my eyes do a quick scan of the room as they made their way towards the floor to ceiling windows immediately noticing why the room had become awfully dim for the afternoon, only to see curtains of thick, fat flakes falling from the dark gray sky. I let out a comfortable sigh watching as the flakes gathered on top of the already well accumulated snow, my head falling to the side just slightly as a welcomed memory flashed before my eyes.

"Hey sweetheart, I've been looking for you all over" Austin said quietly, my head turning to look over my shoulder to see him sauntering towards me in nothing but a pair of loose fitting sweatpants and an equally loose fitting shirt, his short hair slightly askew but still making me drool for him nonetheless.

"Sorry baby, I've just been hiding out here. It is the best seat in the whole house" I said with a smile, pulling my knees up closer to my chest while my eyes followed him as he made his way over towards me.

I pulled the blanket back for him smiling as his body fell into the couch, his arms immediately wrapping around me pulling me close to him, his free hand reaching out for my legs pulling them over his as I snuggled into his side letting my eyes fall closed as he placed a delicate kiss against the crown of my head. We sat like this for a minute, his cheek resting against the top of my head, the steady beat of his heart mixed with the warmth of his calloused hand running over my exposed thigh in my plaid pajama shorts and just the warmth of his perfect body making the moment so much more than what it really was.

"So don't laugh at me" he said, breaking the comfortable silence but not changing anything else about our comfortable and intimate position.

"I can't make any promises" I chuckled while he gave me a tight squeeze.

"Okay" he said with a laugh. "I had thought that maybe you were outside building a snowman in all of this snow" he said, a small laugh leaving my lips as I pulled away from him just slightly letting myself get lost in those sparkling blue eyes that were the clearest and most pristine blue eyes I had ever seen.