Twenty Two

"Sweetheart" Austin chuckled as he rubbed my back, his lips gently resting against my temple in a small smile as he pressed a kiss to my skin before pulling away.

"This isn't the first time you are meeting my parents, you can relax" he chuckled, those soft baby blue eyes giving me a reassuring stare as I looked over at him letting out a small sigh.

"I know" I giggled. "But all of the other times I wasn't a surprise to them" I said watching as he grinned. "What if they aren't happy to see me? What if they gave up on me after eleven months? What if they actually formed some kind of deep seeded hate for me because of what I put you through?" I asked giving him a small head shake as he wrapped me in his strong tattooed arms.

I let out a sigh as I closed my eyes and rested my head against his chest. Between the gentle beating of his heart, the smell of his Tom Ford cologne and just being held in his arms I was instantly feeling relaxed, but my worries had yet to diminish. I took in a deep breath at the feel of his lips gently resting into the top of my freshly washed hair before he gently pulled away, holding me far enough away to gaze into my eyes as he smiled.

"Maddison, they will be happy to see you. You are the best part of me, you brought the me back that they lost because of this crazy adventure" he smiled as I let out a quiet giggle.

"And they didn't give up on you sweetheart. Just like I never gave up on you, they haven't given up on you. They ask me about you all the time and they always get hopeful when I would tell them that I was doing things that you and I loved. They still have so much hope Madds" he said gently rubbing my warm cheek with his thumb.

"As far as this deep seeded hate" he said with a sigh as he pressed his lips against my forehead. "The only one that they had a deep seeded hate for was me sweetheart. I was the one who put myself through months of heartbreak and spiraling down a hole I never thought I was going to get out of. You were always the light at every tunnel. Always the glimmer of hope, the silver lining and no one can hate you for leaving" he said as he gently cupped my cheeks in his hands.

"I promise you" he said, his alluring baby blues gazing deep into my soul while he gently massaged my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. "Everything is going to be just like it was before, if not better" he smiled as I gave him a nod of my head.

"I know" I sighed. "I don't know why I always worry so much" I laughed as he once again wrapped me in those familiar and comfortable  tattooed arms that I loved so much.

"If you didn't, I think I would start to worry where my girlfriend went" he said with a chuckle, his lips landing once again into the crown of my head.

"Aren't you a jokester" I smiled, giving him a playful swat on the arm as he bit on his bottom lip and gently tickled my waist.

I was just about to lean in to give him a kiss on those plump lips that were always calling out my name when the deep bark of Britt made me jump, a small laugh leaving Austin's lip at my reaction just as he rested his hand on my hip and turned me around pulling me close into his side as we both waited in anticipation for Jodie and Rich to enter the house.

"Hey Britt, how's are beautiful grand pup doing today?" Rich said animatedly as Britt wagged her entire butt–she never just wagged her tail–at the pleasant arrival while I watched Jodie step out of her shoes and throw her coat on the chair next to the door, both of them seemingly oblivious to what was going on around them.

"I have to say Austy, this was completed unexpected" Jodie said walking over towards us, her eyes focusing on straightening her sweatshirt before she looked up at him, stopping dead in her tracks as she looked between the both of us.