Twelve

He pulled away from me with a small pop, a smirk residing on his lips as he gazed down at me with a fire burning in his eyes–whether it was a reflection from the flames crackling in the hearth or flames of desire I was uncertain–his fingers lacing loosely with mine as he motioned with his head towards the hallway that led to the master bedroom of the cabin, his feet already moving in that direction as I bit on my bottom lip and nodded my head. I gave his hand a squeeze as I followed him down the hallway, my body almost on autopilot as I let him guide me. I felt his hand squeeze mine as we stopped in front of the oak door, his hand reaching out for the gold handle as he looked at me over his shoulder before pushing it open pulling me through the threshold, a small smile snaking on my lips as I looked around the room.

It was exactly as we had left it the last time we were here, my immediate thought being that Rich and Jodie didn't stay in our room when they came here. My fuzzy light pink robe still lay draped over the back of the couch that sat in front of the fireplace exactly as I had left it. The pillows were still piled against the arm of the couch as Austin had put them so he was comfortable as I lay with my back against him. There were still two wine glasses and that empty bottle of Prosecco sitting on the glass table with the empty popcorn bowl sitting on the floor. My perfumes, lotions, and brushes were in the same spot on the long dresser and the bed was still unmade from the countless times we spent between the sheets. Everything was like a beautifully preserved memory and I wanted nothing more than to bring the moment back to life right where we left off, and if things worked out the right way I was almost positive that it would.

"I thought you said Rich and Jodie came here a few times" I said, my eyes falling closed as I felt him walk behind me, his hands slowly moving over my waist pulling me closer to him as he pressed his warm plump lips against the crook of my neck.

"They have" he said in that deep raspy voice taking a moment from caressing my skin before connecting his lips to my skin again working his way towards my ear as I tilted my head perfectly to the side giving him better access.

"They just haven't stayed in here sweetheart" he said in a deep whisper against my ear, his lips pressing chaste kisses against it before starting to kiss down my jawline, my body automatically turning in his arms instantly meeting the deep dark blue of his irises.

"Austin" I said, my hands slowly moving up his chest and over his shoulders, my forehead pressed against his as he smiled before pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Yeah sweetheart" he said, his hands resting on my hips as he started to walk me towards the bathroom, my body completely trusting of the arms that it were in as I allowed him to push me towards our beautiful destination.

"I love you" I muttered against his lips as they curved into a smile pressing a chaste kiss against mine before slowly pulling away.

"I love you too sweetheart" he smiled giving me a
quick peck before pulling away walking towards the oversized sunken in garden tub.

I couldn't help but keep my eyes fixed on him as he put in the plug and turned on the water—more hot than cold exactly how I liked it—and poured in a significant amount of rose scented bubbles. He stood himself up walking down the three wooden stairs back towards me, a small smirk on his face as his fingers grabbed at the hem of my shirt.

"We can't bathe with these on sweetheart" he smirked, slowly pulling the shirt up my body, our eyes connected intensely only breaking when the fabric passed over my eyes but instantly connecting again as he threw the fabric to the floor with no sound.

"You're so smooth" I said trying to hide my laugh, but once the smirk broke out on his face I knew there was going to be no way I was hiding mine.

"Hey it got you the first time didn't it" he smirked, his fingertips slowly moving down my jawline as I gave him a shy smile, my hand coming up to rest on his pulling it slowly away from my face pressing a small kiss to the back of it.