Six

"That was so delicious" I laughed, my arms stretching over my head before pulling my legs under me and crashing back against the plush cushions of his couch.

"Are you sure it just wasn't because you were hungry?" he laughed, his back falling against the cushions as he looked over at me with a smirk, his right hand reaching across his body as his fingers gently tickled my sides.

"Austin" I laughed in an attempt to squirm away from his wiggling fingers only to find myself closer to him then I was before, clearly giving him the desired outcome he wanted as he wrapped his arms around me and placed a soft kiss on my smiling lips.

"I missed that laugh so much" that quiet raspy voice whispered to me, his lips pressing against mine once more before he slowly pulled away with a small pop as his plump wet lips left mine.

"Austin" I said quietly, my eyes dancing a slow and passionate dance with his as he raised up his hand to gently rub his thumb over my rosy cheek, my eyes falling closed for just a moment enjoying the feeling of his rough calloused skin grazing mine before opening my eyes and letting out a sigh.

"Yeah sweetheart?" he asked, a hint of nervousness glossing over his otherwise perfectly clear irises as they started to dance a little more chaotically with mine.

"Relax" I smiled, instantly knowing where his mind was racing. "I just have a question to ask you" I said with a small chuckle, my index finger coming up to trace the daggers on the side of his cheek as he visibly relaxed in front of me.

"Okay" he said with a sheepish smile, my hand falling against his stomach, my thumb rubbing over the fabric of his shirt as I smiled up at him.

"Did you leave Utah after I left? I was walking through the airport today and I heard a few people talking about thinking they lost their hometown rockstar" I said, watching as his eyes wandered away from mine, his arm pulling me closer to him as he let out a sigh.

"Yeah" he said almost as if he was ashamed of the answer, his tone making me tilt my head just a little while I waited for more.

"I just couldn't stay here without you Madds, it didn't feel right. Everything felt so...empty and I couldn't take it" he said, bringing his hand out to scratch at the back of his neck.

"I went out to LA. I rented a house in Brentwood but I don't know why because I practically lived in the studio for the last year" he said letting out a sad sigh, his free hand drifting from his neck reaching for mine as he slowly laced our fingers together.

"I don't even know why I went to LA since that was the fucking place that started all of this to begin with. But, I guess I felt like it was a place for fuck ups and at that point thats exactly what I felt like" he said taking in and letting out a breath. "I swear though Madds, there was no one with me while I was there. I promise you" he said, his eyes holding steady with mine as my lip started to quiver and warm tears started to float down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Austy" I said, starting to break down in front of him. "I'm so sorry I made you feel that way" I cried, his arms immediately embracing me tightly as he pressed a soft kiss to my temple.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Maddi, everything that happened was my fault and if the same thing had happened to me I probably would've done the same fucking thing you did" he said, his words making me sob a little louder as he gently tried to calm me down with a soft shh and a gentle hand rubbing over my shuddering back.

"Your parents reached out to me everyday Austin. They tried to get me to listen to them, they tried to tell me what you were going through, to get me to at least call you anything. But I told them no, I told them" I said taking in a shaking breath and letting it out slowly preparing to tell him the words that I never thought I would ever think.