Five

The feeling of his lips against mine was exactly what my life had been missing, the gentleness behind the kiss, the love, the passion all came rushing over me hitting me like a truck slamming into a brick wall. Everything I had been thinking the past few days was real, I loved this man, I loved him more than anything and he was right, me being here was something and there was no way that I could ignore it any longer. I lifted my hands from his sliding them over his shoulders wrapping them around his neck as I slid myself closer to him, the kiss getting deeper but still not crossing that line. I missed the feeling of those plump lips pressing against mine, the way we slowly moved them together while our love poured into each other.

He pulled away from me—earlier than I would've wanted him too—his forehead resting against mine as he swallowed hard before tilting his head in pressing his lips for a chaste kiss against mine again. I slid my hands from his neck resting them against his cheeks, my thumbs slowly running over his warm skin as he gave my thighs a quick squeeze.

"Maddison" he said in nothing more than a whisper, his eyes fluttering open immediately dancing with mine as I gave him a shy smile before pressing a soft kiss against his lips.

"I'm here baby" I said with a smile, his own lips turning up into a smile, his hands sliding up to my hips pulling me even closer to him letting his head fall into the crook of my neck as he wrapped me in a tight hug.

"I love you Maddison, I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry" he said, his thumbs running over my lower back as I turned my head to press a small kiss against his soft hair.

"Austy" I said, his head lifting up to look at me as I reached out to touch his cheek. "I love you too and I've missed you so much. I know we need to talk about this, but right now I just want to be here, with you" I said, his cheeks turning red as he gave me a shy smile and nodded his head.

"Okay sweetheart" he said with a smile, his hand wandering from my hip to my thigh giving it another squeeze. "Do you wanna change out of those clothes?" he asked, this time a shy smile sneaking on my face before fear came over me.

"I mean, I'd love to but I just realized that I only packed enough clothes for one day and night here" I said starting to feel embarrassed as I shook my head letting my forehead rest against Austin's shoulder as he chuckled while still comfortably rubbing my back.

"Come with me" he said through a laugh, my head lifting from his shoulder as I gave him a curious glance accompanied with a small head tilt, but I trusted him and whatever he was about to offer.

"Okay" I laughed, his hand reaching out for mine as he slowly laced our fingers as I stood from the soft suede cushions and followed him down the extremely familiar hallway that led to what used to be our room.

I felt my chest tightening and my breathing becoming shallower as we reached the familiar door, my heart starting to hammer uncontrollably in my chest as he reached out for the door handle giving it a small push downward as he pushed through the door. I felt that lump rise in my throat as the cedar scent of his cologne invaded my sense of smell, the comfort that smell had brought me for a year–not to mention the comfort it brought me today while we were walking to his truck–the way that it clung to my clothes despite where I put them in his closet it all came rushing back to me. I took in a deep breath feeling the tightness start to subside as I looked around the large room that looked exactly the same today as it did the day I left, so similar in fact that it seemed like the bottle of Saint Laurent perfume that I had left here was still sitting in the same spot on his dresser.

"Uhm" he said, clearly nervous about what he wanted to say. "I know it's probably awkward, but if you look in your part of the closet everything that you left here is exactly where you left it" he said, his hand running over his hair before quickly rubbing at the back of his neck.