Twenty Three

"Bye guys" Rich said with a wave as he started walking down the steps, pausing for just a moment as he waited for Jodie to say her goodbyes.

"Austy" Jodie smiled as he wrapped her in one of his comforting hugs. "I am so glad that everything is better between the two of you" she smiled, moving from him to me. "And I am so glad that you are back, Maddi" she said with a warm grin.

"Me too" I smiled, letting out a comforting sigh as I felt Austin rest a reassuring hand on my lower back giving it a gentle rub with his thumb before completely possessing me as I pulled away from Jodie with a smile.

"Are we doing Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow or just Christmas Day?" she asked while starting to back down the stairs as her eyes looked between the both of us.

"Do you mind if we do Christmas Eve alone since you know" Austin said with a shy smile, his shoulders shrugging just enough to make me smile as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Absolutely not, you guys deserve it since the last one got taken away from you. We'll see you day after tomorrow" she smirked, my eyes catching on to it as I saw the same one start to spread across Rich's face before they both finally turned around and headed down the stairs towards Rich's new Cadillac.

"Austin?" I asked in a playful tone. "What have you got going on here?" I smiled while he pulled me to him, wrapping me tightly in his embrace as he stared down at me with those perfect blue eyes that I don't think I've ever seen sparkle so much in my life as they were right now.

"Why do you think I've got something planned?" he grinned. "Maybe I just wanted to spend a nice night home with my girlfriend on Christmas Eve like we were supposed to do a year ago and never got the chance too" he said as he leaned in to press a kiss on my forehead.

"I was thinking we can get all snuggled by the fire under your favorite blanket with just the lights from the Christmas Tree. We can binge watch The Grinch, Christmas Vacation, the Santa Claus's and A Christmas Story until your heart's content" he smiled, his words making me giggle as I looked down at the ground briefly before looking back up at him.

"Does this include hot chocolate with too many marshmallows to fit in the cup?" I asked him with a smile, his own growing even wider as he smiled down at me.

"Sweetheart" he grinned, his hand coming up to rest on my cheek that he gently rubbed with his thumb before pressing a soft, loving kiss on my smiling lips.

"I'll give you whatever you want, all you have to do is ask" he said in a husky whisper, his eyes doing a risky dance with mine as I reached my hand up to gently cup his cheek.

"A baby?" I asked in a quiet yet slightly seductive voice, his eyes instantly turning to bright dancing flames of desire as he looked deep into the depths of my own.

"Without hesitation sweetheart" he rasped, his voice sending more than welcomed tingles down my spine as he cupped my cheeks in his strong warm hands pressing his eager lips against my own.

I pulled myself closer to him the second we got lost in the kiss, my arms resting gently around his waist as he ran the tip of his tongue over my bottom lip. I quickly obliged to his request letting out a small moan when I felt our warm tongues melt together, the intensity from the moment seeming to block out the cold wind and blowing snow that was encompassing us as I slipped further and further into a paradise that only he could take me too.

We broke apart for just an instant as he slid his hands under my ass picking me up without the least bit of resistance, my arms wrapping around his neck as I stared deep into the dark waters of his oceanic blue eyes while we walked back into the warmth, our lips instantly meshing together the moment we were inside.