Ten

My eyes fluttered open looking around at the recording studio, a small smile cresting my face when I felt Austin move behind me, his arms giving me a tight squeeze as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck placing a soft kiss against my skin making me giggle.

"Hey sweetheart" he said in that low raspy voice, sleep still heavily consuming it as I smiled bringing our connected hands up to my lips giving it a small kiss.

"Hi baby" I said, his small raspy chuckle making electricity float through my body as he softly landed his lips into my messy hair making me smile.

"Did you have a good nap?" he asked with a smile as I turned around in his arms, my eyes immediately finding his. There was so much happiness residing in them and the sparkle that was floating around his irises was the brightest that I have seen since I've been back.

"I had an amazing nap" I said with a small smirk, my bottom lip coming between my teeth as he smirked down at me, his hand resting on my bare stomach as he leaned in and pressed a soft kiss against my lips holding them there for just a minute before he pulled them away with a small smack.

"Me too" he said through a smile, those sparkling eyes connecting with mine making my heart beat faster and my core start to clench for him despite the amazing homecoming the both of us had just shared with each other.

"I bet you didn't plan on having time in the studio like this" I said with a smile, his head coming down to lay next to mine as he softly ran his fingertips over my soft stomach, a gentle laugh floating from his lips as I turned to look at him at the exact moment he turned to look at me.

"I didn't" he said with a smirk. "But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it" he smiled, my face starting to blush as I looked away from him for just a minute before looking back towards him.

"You're making me blush baby" I said, his hand leaving my stomach as he brought it up to rest on my cheek giving my warm skin a small swipe of his thumb before pulling it away.

"But you're so fucking cute when you blush so why would I want to stop?" he asked a small laugh leaving my lips as he leaned down pressing a kiss against mine, my hand coming up to gently lay on his cheek while he deepened the kiss just slightly before once again pulling away leaving my lips craving and begging for more.

"I suppose" I laughed, his eyes looking down at me studying me intently almost as if he wanted to be sure I was the same girl that had left him over a year ago and honestly I wasn't until the moment he asked if he could join me in the cafe, since then I felt like I was finally the girl that went missing from the moment she decided she wanted to leave on that cold and snowy day a year ago.

"Do you want to go for a drive, sweetheart?" he asked with a smile.

"Am I going to need to pack a bag?" I asked with a glint in my eye, having a feeling I knew where we were headed.

"Uhm maybe for just a few days" he said with a smile, his lips pressing against the tip of my nose.

"But does this mean I have to get up?" I asked with a small pout, my body curling more into his before he rolled me to my back laying his heavy body on top of me pressing a soft kiss to my lips before pulling away.

"I mean we don't have too" he said with a smile, my mind fighting between wanting to go for a beautiful round two with the man that I so desperately loved or if I wanted to pack my bags and head out to his cabin–or at least that was my best guess–and spend a few days wrapped in his arms. But something told me that we would be revisiting this moment regardless if it were right now or not.

"You're a charmer, you know that?" I said with a smile, my arms coming up to wrap around his neck as he smiled down at me.

"Well I had to be something to get you beautiful" he said, his words making me blush again as I gently bit on my bottom lip.