Epilogue

~12 years later~

Quinn's POV:

There was nothing I could do. Billie slowly developed to be a monster like Ariana. I tried everything I could to stop that but Ariana barely lets me spend time with Billie. She always made sure that I was never alone with her. Billie was almost like a stranger to me and even though she just turned twelve, I was already terrified of her.

At least Finneas was normal. He also tried to teach his sister that Ariana's methods were wrong but it always ended up in intense arguments. Ariana's propaganda was all Billie heard the entire day, so to her it was normal and necessary. Finneas knew that he also couldn't win against Ariana. Billie admired Ariana too much and was craving for her approval, so he instead tried to focus on his career.

He already appeared in the final season of the musical comedy show Glee and I was very proud of him. Even Billie was excited for him. Loving music seemed to be the only thing, these two had in common but other than that these two were polar oppesites. Finneas was with me and Billie was with Ariana. That was something everyone could see.

"Mommy!", I heard Billie yell very excited while she ran to the living room. "Yes sweety?", I asked and she sat down beside me. "Can I invite Melanie to come over?", she asked and my face darkened. I didn't like her friend because she seemed to admire Ariana as well. "I don't think this is a good idea.", I said and her smile dropped. "Why?", she growled out and I sighed.

"Because you two always get in trouble.", I replied and her hands started to shake. "If you don't change your mind, I will tell mother that you hurt me.", she said and my eyes widened. This child... She was so horrible! "Doesn't she hurt you herself?,", I asked. "She has reasons for that. You know that she will be very angry, if I tell her you hurt me and she also knows that I would never lie to her.", she said and grinned.

She was twelve and already threatened me... I could imagine how angry Ariana would get... Billie was her precious mini version of her... She definetely would hurt me very bad, if Billie told her that. "So?", Billie asked and since I didn't react she just started crying and screaming very loud. My eyes widened in shock. Ariana would be here soon and my heart was racing.

"Alright, you can invite Melanie over but please don't say that to mother.", I whispered and a smile of victory was all over her face. "I knew we understand each other mommy.", she said but then Ariana entered the room very concerned. "Billie what happened?", she asked very worried. "I was running around the room and I tripped. Mommy tried to comfort me.", Billie said and Ariana sighed.

"You know that you shouldn't spend your time with nonsense like running around the house. You should rather continue your training.,", Ariana said very strict and Billie nodded. "Of course mother. Mommy allowed me to invite Melanie over. She can train with me.", she said and Ariana smiled. "I like to hear that. You know I really like your friend. Sometimes I wished she was my child as well or at least instead of Finneas.", Ariana said and I looked at her very reproachful.

"Finneas is very talented and great person. Maybe you would see that, if you stop trying to fit him into your sick world.", I said and Ariana glared at me but the fact that Billie glared at me as well, just made me even more upset. "Go and invite Melanie.", Ariana said to Billie and she instanly left the room while Ariana still glared at me. "You usually are so obedient Quinn but when it comes to our children you always disrespect me. I don't like that.", she said.

"They are my children. I just want what's best for them.", I replied. "So do I. If you disrespect me infront of Billie again, I will be even harder on you than now.", Ariana said but before I could reply, she slapped me right in the face. I cried in pain while my cheek was burning. "I hate hurting you. But sometimes you don't give me a choice. Never forget that I'm the one, who has the power here.", she said and left the room but while watched her leaving, I noticed that Billie was standing right at the door.