Chapter twenty nine: cat and mouse

Ariana's POV:

My hands were shaking while I was walking towards Illian's house. During this visit I would find out if Quinn was still alive or not. I definetely wouldn't leave without knowing but I also was anxious. What if she was actually dead? Quinn was all I wanted since high school. I spent all my life with chasing after her.

Could I live in a world without her? The entire purpose of my life would be gone, if Quinn was dead. I had to stop thinking that. I should only focus on my suspicious thoughts. Something was off about this entire situation and I had to hold onto it. That was all I could do.

I rang the doorbell and a butler opened the door for me. "Can I help you Miss?", he asked politely. "I'm Ariana Grande and I have to talk to Mister Waters about his wife.", I said and I almost had to vomit when I called Quinn his wife. She was never his no matter what some stupid papers said.

I swear the first thing I would do after I got Quinn back, was making him sign these damn divorce papers. Then I would marry her and then she would get pregnant. Well, now that I was here, I could actually go to her Dad to get him to donate his sperm. But now I had to know if Quinn was actually alive.

"I will get him.", the butler said and and walked away. Quinn's mother must've been very proud of her for marrying her personal dream man... Such a shame that her mother passed away and couldn't see this... Well not really. Then Illian came to the door with messy hair and pyjamas. He must've just gotten out of bed.

"What do you want Ariana?", he asked very tired and I forced myself to smile. So he was here... But this still didn't proof anything. Quinn could also be with Mary. I didn't know who I hated more... Illian or Mary? "I just wanted to talk to you. Both of us lost a very important person.", I said but he just raised his eyebrow.

"After everything you did, I think you can understand that I don't want to talk to you.", he said and wanted to close the door but I put my foot between it. "Why are you mad at me? I wasn't the one, who shot Quinn.", I said. "But you were holding her hostage. If you just let her go, none of this would've happened in the first place.", he said but I didn't let him close the door.

"Listen, I know I did something wrong. I'm just here to apologize. Please give me five minutes to talk to you and I promise that I will never bother you again.", I said and he sighed. "Only five minutes but don't expect me to forgive you.", he said and finally let me walk inside. Alright, if Quinn was alive, then he would definetely try to gain my trust, to make me believe otherwise... So maybe that was why he allowed me to talk to him.

I knew that I definetely wouldn't have let him go inside my house after he took Quinn from me, if I didn't gain something from it. He lead me to the salon and pointed at the couch for me to sit down. "Did you really sleep until now?", I asked while he sat down across from me. "Yes. I got home in the middle of the night.", he said and I nodded.

"How did you find out?", I asked and tried to look vulnerable. "I was at the hospital when it happened. It was definetely the worst day of my life. I wanted to get back home as fast as possible. It was just unbareable for me.", he explained but it sounded so monotone as if it was rehearsed. He definetely shouldn't become an actor...

But he mustn't know that I was suspicious, so I looked down but my pupils were actually trying to look around the room, to find a hint of what he was planning. "I understand. When my brother told me, it felt like a dagger was shoved right into my heart. But the first thing that happened afterwards was, that I felt so guilty. What I did to her and to you was horrible. I shouldn't have treated her like this... I wish I was better to her.", I said and tried to get some tears out of my eyes.

I really had to stop myself from vomitting... Everything I did was absolutely necessary but of course I had to say what he wanted to hear. "What you did definetely destroyed her. You should really just let go of her and give her peace.", he said and it didn't seem like he was talking about a dead person...