Chapter nine: truth or dare

Quinn's POV:

Several weeks have passed until I got this terrifying letter from Ariana and I didn't hear anything from her since then. I didn't know, if I should feel relieved or worried about it. But I quickly tried to focus on my actual worry. I needed to stop thinking about Ariana, it wasn't good for me and it distracted me from more important things. My college offered internships for journalism and I was lucky enough to get one.

They gave me a random company, I would go to, which kinda scared me since I didn't know, if I would be at Mister Grande's company... He probably wouldn't be very happy to see me again... I also asked Illian, if I got the company of his parents but he told me that they currently didn't offer internships so my worries didn't went away.

I had no idea what Mister Grande's company looked like, since I was never there but what I knew for sure was that there was a possibility that Ariana would be there as well and I didn't know, if I was ready to see her again. I didn't want to be close to her anymore and I was afraid, I would fall back into my old feelings for her and everything would be repeated.

It was almost time and I quickly made my usual ponytail, grabbed my bag and was about to leave the house, until my mother stopped me. "Quinny wait! Illian just called and he said he will pick you up in the evening. Why didn't you tell me sooner that you are friends with such a fine boy?", she said and I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't Illian just back off? Now my mother knew and would constanly try to convince me to date him.

"Because you would never leave me alone with this. Why didn't he call me on my phone?", I said very honest and my mother started laughing. "He tried but you never picked up. I'm so proud of you Quinny. He is such a respectful and wonderful man.", she said and it sounded like she had a crush on him herself. "Well then you should date him, I mean he definetely is wealthy enough. So go ahead because I don't even like him that way.", I told her and her smile dropped.

"Quinn I just want the best for you. You grew up in a normal family so you have to work your way to the top while others have it handed to them. The easiest way to do that is a smart marriage", she explained again. She basically told me this since I was three years old. "I know Mom. Just please don't push me.", I told her and she gently caressed my cheek. "Of course not. Just do your best at the company today. Who knows maybe it will be your future working place.", she said and kissed my forehead before I left.

Why couldn't my life be as easy as Mary's? She already got a boyfriend she truly loved and my parents liked him as well. For her it was so easy while for me it was an impossible challenge. I quickly got into the uber and told him the address of the company. I still had no idea what kind of company it was. They told us the address in the morning so we wouldn't have time to google it. I guess they wanted to see, how we handled it, when we weren't really prepared for it. They wanted us to focus on our skills so the actual company didn't matter but I still wished they told us earlier even though I understood the concept. I just wanted to know, if it was Mister Grande's company...

We finally arrived and I gulped before I got out of the car. My hands were shaking out of fear. I just didn't want to mess this up... I slowly walked towards the building and when I got inside, I already saw several interns waiting. Sophie was among them and I immediately joined her. "Are you nervous?", she asked and I nodded while I showed her my shaky hand. She took my hand in hers in order to calm me down. "Don't worry, we prepared for this job for so long.", she told me and I nodded.

Then a secretary came into the room with an elegant suit and her hair being pinned above her head. "May the interns follow me?", she said and we immediately did what she told us. She lead us through the big company and I saw that every employee was under a lot of stress. They did everything so fast and I could see in their faces how exhausted they were. I just hoped I wouldn't have the same fate, well I probably would since I actually wanted to be a dancer. So I probably would end up being unhappy with my job.