Chapter thirty one: madness

Quinn's POV:

Mary didn't sit still for the entire day. She was constanly walking around while she played nervously with her thumbs. "Mary, there is nothing you have to worry about. Your story is good and I'm here to confirm it.", I said to calm her down and she sighed. "I tried to shoot her Quinn... There is a chance that they will put me into a cell for that alone...", she replied.

"Not when they think that you were of unsound mind. They may say that you have to get a therapy but they won't put you in a cell. That's what they will do to Ariana.", I explained and she ran her hand through her hair. "What if they don't believe this?", she asked very worried. "They will because it's the truth. You definetely did panic and acted without thinking. It's not even a lie like Ariana's story.", I said and she nodded.

I also hoped everything would go well. As soon as Ariana was arrested, I could finally feel safe from her. "Alright I prepared the wifi. You can go live now Quinn.", Roger said and sat down with us along with Illian. People were eager to know what was going on with me, so I was sure we would have a lot of watchers. "Here.", Illian said and handed me the new phone he bought me since Ariana took my old one from me.

I quickly downloaded instagram and tipped my password in. As soon as I got access, I instanly used the livestream option. Now I was live and I waited for people joining it. Some people already eagerly wrote things like 'you woke up!' or 'I hope you're well' but also a lot of questions about Ariana. 'Where is Ariana?' or 'are you finally safe from your sister?'. These comments really annoyed me but I decided to stay quiet until enough people joined.

The stream was filled very fast. I already had more than ten thousand watchers. That was definetely more than enough for the stream to go viral, so I decided to start. "Hello everyone. I know that the events lately caused a lot of confusion but I'm here to tell the truth. I was never able to tell you what happened from my perspective and so was my sister. Ariana demonized her in the press conference but everything she said about our relationship and the way Mary behaved was wrong. There are always two sides of the story and me, as the victim in this situation should know the best what's true and what's not. My sister isn't a violent person. She loves me and was always supportive of me dating a girl. It was true that she didn't like Ariana but not because she was girl, she disliked her because she is toxic and abusive. But Mary should tell you herself.", I said and handed my phone to her.

She nervously took it and gulped before she started speaking. "I know many people hate me now and I can't blame you. I hate myself the most. I love Quinn and I would never hurt her but then I did and I can't forgive myself for that even though Quinn already did. But first you should know that I don't care who Quinn dates as long as this person is good to her, which wasn't the case with Ariana. Ariana was possessive, controlling and abusive, which was why I disliked her. But the feeling was mutual. She hates me as well. I never actively tried to intervene with their relationship but I did tell Quinn that her relationship was unhealthy. It was hard for her to see that but when Ariana caused our mother to have a heart attack because of her obsessive behaviour towards Quinn, Quinn broke up with her. Ariana though didn't accept that. She was obsessed with Quinn since high school and she would never just let her go. She tried to reach out to her but she ended up meeting me.

I told her that she should give Quinn space but she started to get violent and pushed me against the table. I almost got paralysed because of her and even today, I still struggle with walking. After Quinn found out, she told Ariana to leave her alone and she did for a while. She focused on her music and became the star you know today. But one day she tricked Quinn with an interview. Quinn thought she would interview her favorite dancer but it actually was Ariana. Ariana trapped her in her house and abused her. She never wanted to let her go and I started to investigate where Quinn was.